Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could get the opinions and or 'rules' for having a car bra at the shows.

I've been told by some (no names
) that judges don't give you as many possible points if you have a bra because it's covering your paint. (something like up to 5 points for good, un-cracked or faded paint on bumpers.)

Thanks.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would think a bra for your car is to protect the front end from paint chips and such. Then when you get to the show you take it off and reveal your clean front end.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since i was a judge last year in St Louis if we cant see the paint then there must be something under there that is wrong. and the bra is hiding something. if you go an show the damage it is sometimes better than hiding it. I use my bra for travel as soon as i get to the show off it comes and my ss is full show. Hope that helps

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always used the bra to travel to car shows. It helps to save a lot of clean up when I get to the show. As soon as I get there, I take it off. Man...if only the ladies were that easy... :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to ask Larry Hall, the ISSCA Car Show Steward for some clarification here. I went through the ISSCA judges certification course at I2K2 and had my car judged there with the Colgen Bra and Mirror Covers ON. I show it that way because I like the way it looks and feel the bra enhances the car. I do the same at Super Chevy.

Larry's instruction to the judges was that if an option is in place (like a bra, floor mats or fuel rail covers) you judge the option. In other words, you look for the option to be clean, wear free, properly installed, etc... There was no instruction to assume any option was hiding damage or dirt.

So it's personal preference.

Regards, DB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts