Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
topic basically says it all,my car burnt down completely,its sucks,but i got to move on,but i will say i am through with EFI cars.(cause unknown but i have a feeling it was faulty wiring) im gonna have the engine pulled this week and im gonna sell my engine and possible tranny, and rear end (new posi,3.73 gears,new axles/bearings and all that)

heres what im gonna sell

381ci LT1 Short-block bored .20 over,honed deck milled and all that and balanced w/scat crank stock rods and speed pro hyper pistons w/coated skirt comp-503 cam (224/230),LT4 ETREME duty timing chain,Impala iron heads ported w/ ferrea 35 degree back cut valves w/new seals and hooker super comp headers.Im thinking about keeping the hydraulic roller lifters,pushrods and 1.6 Roller rockers.if your interested please post on the board my comps actin retarded so i can check posts from other computers so please no e-mail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the other parts Maf senor & Raiss. I would like them if you would sell them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What part number are the hooker super comps, and were there any fitment issues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear about your car burning down. Just by another car and drop the motor in.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know about anyone else, but that's why I ALWAYS have a fire extinguisher mounted in my car within arms reach. You never know when something like that is going to happen. Sorry to hear about your car, that sucks hardcore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That REALLY sux......sorry to hear it.

If you would be interested in selling the whole enchilada, email me. My stock '96 SS is wanting some mods & I live pretty close to you.

chin up, man.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont think it was the aux batt. post,i dont think you guys remember (look in the problems/maintenance area) my car was missfiring at part throttle and i didnt have time to get under the car to check it out,but maybe the O2 sensor wiring was resting on the exhaust and it finally just burnt,i dont know,theres lots of ideas in my head,woulda coulda shoulda nothing i can do now, and stonebreaker a fire extinguisher definately wouldnt have helped me out,i didnt even have enough time to put it in park,cuz the fire was already in the car!the driver door ignited while i was in there as well,(singed off all the hair on my arm and some on my eyebrows and eyelashes) it happened so quickly too,matter of seconds,i got lucky i got out with just 1st degree burns on my arm and cheek area,it stung all day but no big deal,no blistering or anything. Im not 100% sure im gonna sell the LT1,im thinking maybe ill just put a carb manifold on it and throw it in a Chevelle or 1st gen Camaro (im tired of the crappy aftermarket support for the LT1 and B-Bodies though),all i can do now is pay off some bills and start over i guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh yeah,some of the stuff in my sig dont even exist anymore:F-Body MAF,RAISS,Injectors,electric WP,PCM-gone th fire destroyed thse pretty badly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh yeah one more thing,I wanna sell the LT1 short block for almost enough money to build me a good 383 SBC GenI shortblock,so im not looking to just let it go for super cheap cuz,i know i can still use it in an old car if i just put a carb manifold on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My condolences as well.

With the fire spreading that fast it sounds like you busted a fuel line. Did you have an adjustable regulator or a fuel pressure gauge?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.