Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my python 1601 installed and now my car can be started in any gear. I also do not have to push the brake to change gears(from park to drive) I can just pull the lever down. I am thinking they might have messed something up when they soldered something in place of an ignition bypass module, although I do not know for sure. Had anyone had any problems like this or have any ideas as to why this is happening?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just had my python 1601 installed and now my car can be started in any gear. I also do not have to push the brake to change gears(from park to drive) I can just pull the lever down. I am thinking they might have messed something up when they soldered something in place of an ignition bypass module, although I do not know for sure. Had anyone had any problems like this or have any ideas as to why this is happening?
It has something to do with the BTSI (brake-transmission-shift-interlock) thats all I know. Hope it helps you go from there

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It has something to do with the BTSI (brake-transmission-shift-interlock) thats all I know. Hope it helps you go from there
This is a correct statement but it is going to be a two sided thing, if it starts in gear as well.

Do your reverse lights light work?
Did it have keyless entry from the factory?

If it starts in gear, the neutral safety switch had a couple of wires installed on it, the org/blk wire feeds a ground to the PCM when it is in Park or Neutral, telling the pcm to start. The neutral safety switch is also the first point in power distribution to the BTSI solenoid..

So ahoora was right it sounds to me like it is a neutral safety issue, if a shop did this install take it back and tell them to fix it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts