Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have made up my mind on A car cover. I cant fathom dropping 300 0r 250 on A cover. I have decided to go with the empire max cover for 150 and after online coupon 130. Only problem is they dont list the impala on the make and model section. They list impala wagon and caprice which is close but not exact. Anyone ordered from them?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Before you pull the trigger on that econo cover think about this.

In car covers (and most other things) you get what you pay for.

That $150.00 cover is gonna be laying on yer paint and on top of that it may not even be a nice custom fit, in fact from what you have mentioned it might not even be a fit.

If that car is gonna be outside in the weather, save up man and get a custom NOAH from Cal Car Cover. $100.00 or so more for a cover that will not damage your car in the future is well worth it in the long run. You will get four solid years out of that cover and they will replace it free under warranty if it fails within the four years.

Trust me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

That $150.00 cover is gonna be laying on yer paint and on top of that it may not even be a nice custom fit, in fact from what you have mentioned it might not even be a fit.

If that car is gonna be outside in the weather, save up man and get a custom NOAH from Cal Car Cover. $100.00 or so more for a cover that will not damage your car in the future is well worth it in the long run. You will get four solid years out of that cover and they will replace it free under warranty if it fails within the four years.

Trust me.
Yeah. My 94ss is only driven in the summer. The winter is harsh here inCT. Snow ice rain etc. I have no garage. It just sits in the driveway all winter as it is my second car. The exteme weave says it is good for snow, 190 out the door is doable. or is Noah the be it and be all?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

Trust me.
Freakin' freak. My exact thought word-for-word when reading the OP. Some things you just don't play games with, like security, safety and protection. A carcover is a simple item, but qualifies in spades for all 3. I've tried the lo-price approach on pool covers and other similar items in the past that are exposed to weather. I've been cured of "cheap is best".

For my driver I bought the 'best quality' cover manufactured. Something about a "Generation 4" or something IIRC, and it's a thick porous chamois feeling thing.

But warkid, nobody said you can't still be frugal. The 'cheap' in me did wait until I found one used. ;)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
For my driver I bought the 'best quality' cover manufactured. Something about a "Generation 4" or something IIRC, and it's a thick porous chamois feeling thing.
Sounds like Kimberly Clark "Evolution 4" fabric you got.

I had a few of those covers in the past.

Be careful because for some strange reason neighborhood cats and other such vermin like to tear that Evolution 4 fabric to shreds, I have no idea why they do that but they do. They dont come near the NOAH fabric. Both are great fabrics though, Evolution 4 is the thickest moisture wicking fabric out there.

warkid,
Get the NOAH over the extreme weave, I know the extreme weave is tempting at $169.99 versus $264.99 for the NOAH. The "Stormweave" is the Evolution 4 fabric that I speak of above and is also a good choice at $239.99, but the vermin will attack it.

Call them and ask them about the extreme weave versus NOAH for your application, my car is outside all year too and the NOAH was the best choice for me.

Like 96 Black has already stated, a used NOAH may be a great option for you, look around you never know.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts