Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice outdoor car cover for my 95 impala ss. Let me know if you guys have anything for sale

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Looking for a nice outdoor car cover for my 95 impala ss. Let me know if you guys have anything for sale

Thanks
Dan
I'll get in touch with my neighbor who is part of a local Buick car club, but he sells car covers close to cost, and has been doing it for 40 years.

I'll report back.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
My Neighbor suggested going to the web site CoverCraft and look for a cover that he would want and then let me know the number, etc and my neighbor would then be able to tell what he could sell it for.

He said that the covers start at $180.00 - 3 year warranty, $250.00 - 4 year warranty

·
Registered
584 Posts
Weathershield HP. Don't buy anything else.
What he said ^^^^^^^^^

Spend the money on a really good cover to protect your car!

I purchased the NOAH from CoverCraft many many years ago. Great covers from CoverCraft!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Looks like I too am in need of an outdoor cover. I just saw that the CCC cover for my '68 Cutlass Supreme has a tear in the top this morning.

I just looked at my order history on CCC's website, and found that this cover only lasted just 2 years, I bought it on 8/19/2016. Dang, I guess it's time to try something new.

Heck I'm in Austin, and it doesn't see snow or any real harsh conditions. That's really surprising to me to see that it went to pot so quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Looks like I too am in need of an outdoor cover. I just saw that the CCC cover for my '68 Cutlass Supreme has a tear in the top this morning.

I just looked at my order history on CCC's website, and found that this cover only lasted just 2 years, I bought it on 8/19/2016. Dang, I guess it's time to try something new.

Heck I'm in Austin, and it doesn't see snow or any real harsh conditions. That's really surprising to me to see that it went to pot so quickly.
Covercraft covers come with a 4 year warranty. I had the Weathershield on one of my cars for 2 years and one of the seams split. It also lost a some of it's water repelling ability. They sent me a brand new one. Just put it on yesterday.

I've used the Noah in the past but it really doesn't repel water. So you wind up with a lot of dirt under the cover as it filters through. And it takes forever to dry. It does add protection from dings and dents if that's an issue where you park - because it's so thick.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts

Just in case anyone is interested, I contacted California Car Cover, and their covers have a 3 year warranty. My cover is just over 2 years, so I'll be sending that back to them tomorrow with the RMA I got.

I agree with what TGO wrote about the quality of the cover. I bought a NOAH style cover for my Cutlass which I have yet to restore.

If the cover were for the Caprice/Impala I'd be investing in a Weathershield HP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts