Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of Car Craft's newest projects is taking "all the good stuff" of a 9c1 taxi the bought at an aution. They praise the LT1, 4-wheel discs, and other heavy duty accesoires and plan to take all off to build a pro-touring something-or-nother.

I can't be the only one who thinks they ought to build the Caprice instead of cannibalizing it? Should we start a petition?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eeeeekk!

Ya Start a pention.

make a modded Taxi. Though I bet it is a 9C1 that is now a taxi

BTW, Anyone see a whole 94 9C1 chassis, Floor pan, ETC under a 56 Chevy wagon in the lastest hotrod? The chassis was shortend a bit.. Prolly in the front and back.

Its crazy. The dude cut the floor outta the 56 and welded everything from the caprice on.

It even has a caprice steering colum, Pedals, Seats, Radiator, 9C1 wheels....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a former squad converted to a taxi. As for the '56, I saw that thing on the Power Tour. It was a long hauler and seemed to grab attention everywhere it went.

Sean

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't one of the other rags do a buildup on a 9C1, or is it the same folks, and they lost interested?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by GM B Body:
eeeeekk!

Ya Start a pention.

BTW, Anyone see a whole 94 9C1 chassis, Floor pan, ETC under a 56 Chevy wagon in the lastest hotrod? The chassis was shortend a bit.. Prolly in the front and back.

Its crazy. The dude cut the floor outta the 56 and welded everything from the caprice on.

I assume you saw the pics then? it has caprice seats in it

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by caprice96:
[qb] eeeeekk!

Ya Start a pention.

that was an awesome car

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[qb] eeeeekk!

Ya Start a pention.

that was an awesome car
Yea, I thought so too :cool:
The owner said that the Caprice had been rear ended, so he kinda gave it a new life.
(reinCARinated as a 56 Chevy...which also had been damaged.)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by HVYCHVY:
Didn't one of the other rags do a buildup on a 9C1, or is it the same folks, and they lost interested?
Car craft had the '96 9c1. It belongs to Terry Mckean(sp?) He works for the mag. Nice to have perks eh?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea he still has it ,they show it in the back ground of a shop shoot every now and then its his daily driver,as for the cab thats the best thing they could do to it ,i wouldn't try and fix up a prior taxi for nothing, talk about worn slap out ,there it.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SO what.. Imagine a Beater Caprice that has messed up paint, But it is Modded? That would rule.. I would drive it!! Everyone would think it is a Piece of crap.

If the Body is still nice and rust free, keep it as is

If they Plan on keeping the engine, What can be so worn out about it? The suspension?

If its really worn out everything would need an overhaul.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trust me you would have to redo the interior ,suspention ,rear end ,its just not worth it to me ,i like a sleeper as much as the next guy but keep it to clean looking grandma caprices ,not a car that the door hinges are so worn out that the door won't close. but if you want to throw the cash at it ,do it .

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOLOL! Yeah... I forgot about the door hinges and latches.. What a mess those must be..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It just seems foul to strip all the good stuff off a good car. That's if the car is any good. It looks pretty solid in the tiny picture.

I'm loving that 56 wagon! hubba hubba!
I heard there was a kit car company doing a fiberglass 57 chevy that fit a b-body chassis... anyone know anything about that?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SO what.. Imagine a Beater Caprice that has messed up paint, But it is Modded? That would rule.. I would drive it!! Everyone would think it is a Piece of crap.
Sounds like my old 9C1. Would run flat 13.0s all day in street trim and 12.75-12.78 with slicks

was white with a black front clip and a damaged drivers door

it would terrorise everything on the streets around here... ahh, the memories...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I almost cried when i saw that pic of my car in that shape...

At least I have a nicer one now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts