Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 impala ss sometimes the car cuts off when i come to a stop at a light i notice the battery gauge moves down to low and back to normal but the car drives fine

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if the guage goes back up soon as you start moving its your alternator cant keep up or battery is bad or could be a combo of both.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The gauge is moving down because th engine is dying. If the engine isn't turning, or is turning very slowly, the alternator is doing the same. You're going to have to be more descriptive about how it 'cuts off'. Does it misfire? Does it only do it once warmed up? Etc...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the gauge moves back and forth then the car shuts off could it be because i have a granetelli maf and i dont have the car programmed there is no misfire 52 mm bbk tb , 2800 stall converter, cpt level 2 trans, cat delete, dynamax exhaust, bbk underdrive pulleys, k&n intake, it only does it sometimes not all the time ........ the battery tested good its a red top .......

·
Registered
731 Posts
the gauge moves back and forth then the car shuts off could it be because i have a granetelli maf and i dont have the car programmed there is no misfire 52 mm bbk tb , 2800 stall converter, cpt level 2 trans, cat delete, dynamax exhaust, bbk underdrive pulleys, k&n intake, it only does it sometimes not all the time ........ the battery tested good its a red top .......

Having a 52mm TB, no tune, AND a "garbatelli" MAF could possibly make the car run like crap so bad that it's simply dying at idle due to the PCM going wild trying to figure out what's going on...

Get rid of the granetelli MAF for a 3.5" Fbody MAF and get it tuned for that.

Other than that, you could take the car to the parts store and have them check the alternators condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts