Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby's Dead.... 1996 Caprice Classic 4.3L. Drove it today too and from work with no issues. I got home, parked it and my 2 yr old son hopped in the driver seat with me. He started messing with the windshield wiper switch so I put the key in the ignition and my horn was stuck on as well as my trunk kept popping open. I then disconnected the battery and pulled my trunk relay as well as the horn relay and reconnected Battery. Parking lights stay on as well as trunk still opening and car will not start (starter will not engage when turned to START position). Please help as this is my DD and only vehicle at the time. It's starting to be a real money pit and I'm starting to second guess. Please Help ** Also 3 weeks prior I lost all my dash lights. And 6 months prior I got an alarm system installed with Lock/Unlock, Trunk, and Panic

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
It sounds like whoever installed your alarm system messed things up.

I'd go to them for help, although if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't have messed it up in the first place.

If a large shop did the install you could get a more experienced installer from there to clean it up. If it was a friend you're in a tough spot.

Then, I'd take it to a reputable alarm stereo shop and pay them to fix it.

This assumes you're not savvy on this sort of stuff... I wouldn't be...

Good luck.

·
Registered
976 Posts

I'd go to them for help, although if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't have messed it up in the first place.

If a large shop did the install you could get a more experienced installer from there to clean it up. If it was a friend you're in a tough spot.

Good luck.
x2 I'd be looking @ the alarm install, all your symptoms scream poor alarm install, or defective controller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Good luck.
It ended up being a bad Alarm Module. Thanks a lot !! I unplugged it and it's back to normal. Gonna get a new module from the shop that put it in soon. Thanks for the help !

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
It ended up being a bad Alarm Module. Thanks a lot !! I unplugged it and it's back to normal. Gonna get a new module from the shop that put it in soon. Thanks for the help !

Nothing like a little luck now and then, glad it worked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts