Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has happened 3 times that ive noticed......last night i took my 95 caprice out and it did it when i hit a puddle....the car just shut off....it makes the cranking sound and everything but it wont start for a good 4 or 5 minutes......one time it didnt start for half an hour!

any chance someone could know what it could be?

someone said something about a cracked harness?....but im not too sure thats whats going on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,693 Posts
Bad/cracked Dist. cap, old/cracked plug wires, loose connector on opti, &/or coil...fill a spray bottle and when it's running spray different ares until you find it, if one puddle kill's it it shouldn't take much/long to find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
I had a similar problem before, even after I replaced all that. Turns out there wasn't any dielectric grease on the new wires I put on so the spark from the coil to opti wire was being dissipated enough before it got to the plugs. I applied a good dose of dielectric grease to the wires and the problem was no more. - Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
O2 Sensor

I solved poor wet driving performance when I replaced the passenger side O2 sensor that had a damaged connector. I only have 2 sensors.

-KP
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top