1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Nice little article. My wagon gets a lot of attention these days. It's starting to become annoying though.

Steve Morris has blown his up TWICE so far this Summer in pursuit of those 5 sec time slips.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
3,000 Posts
Anyone could of had a old cheap car and still had it near 30 years later if they wanted to.:)
30 years ago, driving a Roadmaster wagon was basically the social equivalent of driving an Escalade. It was the biggest and most luxurious family hauler that an American could buy.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Ahh. Not really I rarely saw them . By 1995 when the Tahoe Came out most were driving those. Tahoe. Yukon Suburban Even in the 90's I saw hardly any wagons allover. Not many were around then and who knows just a few thousand are left now

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Never saw one of these wagons on the road when they were new and I made multiple visits to GM dealerships in the mid 90s. I was an F Body guy at that time and would have never paid them any attention anyways. I didn’t even know they existed until I bought my first B Body back in 07 and joined this website. Just like today everyone was in trucks and SUVs. Minivans were a big thing back then as well.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
3,000 Posts
Ahh. Not really I rarely saw them . By 1995 when the Tahoe Came out most were driving those. Tahoe. Yukon Suburban Even in the 90's I saw hardly any wagons allover. Not many were around then and who knows just a few thousand are left now
What do production numbers have to do with anything? I said it was equivalent to driving a luxury vehicle like an ESCALADE, which has a base price of $80k. I didn't say they were sold in huge numbers like Tahoes and Suburbans.

Obviously, there is a reason why they stopped making station wagons in 1996. They had not been selling well.

Never saw one of these wagons on the road when they were new and I made multiple visits to GM dealerships in the mid 90s.
You will see whatever you see, as the result of all sorts of variables.

A person who lives and works in Scottsdale, Arizona would see very different traffic than a person who lives and works in Flint, MI.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Neat article for sure. My 91 Caprice wagon got lots of attention when it was on the road, mostly from young adults oddly enough.

A person who lives and works in Scottsdale, Arizona would see very different traffic than a person who lives and works in Flint, MI.
Lol, an Escalade is a peasant-mobile in Scottsdale. Driving there is always a treat, it's definitely where most of the special and exotic rides end up in AZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts