Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Car headed to the Paint shop.

32K views 209 replies 54 participants last post by  stillagat24 
#1 ·
Dropped her off last weekend. Will try to put up photos each week to show the progress. Maurice (Texas_Voodoo) and Adam (ShowSS12) are doing the honors down in Sugarland, TX.

Attachments

See less See more
#129 ·
Thankx evrybody its been coming along very well, we got it all based up tonight, and its getting cleared tomorrow!!! Heres the black sealer pix...

#134 ·
looks good....

#145 ·
maybe its a busy shop, out here, there is a well know painter(jimmy pastolie) he was the painter for pimp my ride in the first season, if he painted this imp, as good as voodoo has, he would charge around 4 grand, and the wait time is a month or more, because of all his jobs...so its understandable if it takes that long, atleast to me

#147 ·
well its like a 2 person shop which is adam and voodooo so of course it will take time you rush them and then you have flaws.unlike foose he can finish a ride in 7 days e sometimes but look at all his help even though hes a freind of mine.but when i was doing auto body sometimes we would have cars there for 2 or more months. so i think there doing good for 2 person shop

#149 ·
I've just got another help a month ago, and need another one now. Plus we are pack full of cars. This week alone 5 more cars showed up, which puts me at 9 cars total in the shop. I've got 2 more bugging to get in to. But this car will be done by april 10 if I've gotta put in 15 hour days then i've gotta put in 15 hour days...

Shh, I don't have a problem with it, and I'm the one paying for it!!!!!
and in the end your the one who matters, not some dude from FL..

#151 ·
custom shops aint that easy as they seem. but thats good you got more help there adam that way you and voodoo aint doing all the work. when i worked at the custom paint shop there was only like 5 of us some days we were all on one car some days we were all on differerent cars. its not a easy job. you would like to get them done fast but not macco fast. when you take your time is when you know it will turn out right...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.