Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 impala ss and was driving yesterday and all of a sudden i get a steady check engine light, car seems to be running on four cylinders bogging down. Ok so i take it to the dealer and get the code pulled and its a wiring issue with the MAF sensor I guess i had a break in the wiring somewhere so the guy made another wire, light goes off ect. Ok so he pulls the car around and I get it find out that the car is still feeling like it runns on four cylinders. I had a local forum member said that the car may be in limp mode. Told me to disconnect the PCM fuse turn the ignition key on let it sit for about five or so min and then put the fuse back in and crank it up. Ok i did that still no luck? I'm lost what could it be? Also no CEL

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol i will, but i really wanna find out what's going on and get it fixed, i put another fuse in there and everything is all good, i gotta find out where it may be grounding out at. Anybody else that can help please chime in

· Registered
2,703 Posts
DAMN FUSE BLEW AGAIN SAME ONE????????????? WFF, any ideas
Before you condemn a fuse consider this: That fuse is not at fault - it is doing its job. It is blowing because there is excessive current or a short. Fuses are very cheap and simple protection for parts that are very expensive and complex. Finding why a fuse blows can be frustrating and expensive but don't blame the fuse - they are your friend.

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
ya that's true but i meant what is the problem for the fuse to blow
fuse will blow when more then the specified current is pushed through to it.

be lucky your fuse is poping and not dmging anything else thats not 0.05$ to replace.

however you could have a short circut, bad ground,bad wire ect....

this is going to be a PIA!!!

start checking EVERY wire you can see.

· Registered
2,720 Posts
If it was the MAF harness that caused the first issue then I would start there. Maybe they used a wire is causing more current to be passed..? Maybe just get a new MAF harness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.