1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
car is 1995 caprice 9c1 with LT1 Eng 108k miles

water pump start leaking from whip hole

so I changed water pump, cap&rotor(MSD)

wires(8MM TYLOR) and plugs(AC/DELCO) are a year old,so the O2 sensor(AC/DELCO) less than 5K on all

car had absolutely no problem,and running fine before water pump/cap rotor change

now as soon as it warms up and goes to close loop,it dies,then I can hear injector still pulsating for about 10/15 sec after it dies,then I have to wait few min it start right back up for few min and dies,some times up to 10 min

I did put lock-tight on rotor,I did not change the ECT on the water pump just lightly cleaned with soap and water to get the surface of it cleaned

new vacuum harness for opti(GM),and I did not touch the wheel or sensor while I had the OPTI open:D
the car had no problem before,and only few things has changed(WATER PUMP,CAP&ROTOR,VACUUM HARNESS&DID NOT CHANGED THE ECT AT THE PUMP)
what can possibly be the problem?:confused::mad:

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Try messing with the opti's electrical harness. Wiggle it around and see if it dies... Check the plug for yawning pins...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already did,no effect,

my primary fan was shot and I ordered the motor that will come tomorrow,I'm gonna fix that and change my ECT

see if that is the reason send wrong massage to PCM as ENG is too hot and it shuts off the coil

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just changed the primary fan motor,and ran the car
it warmed up and I waited for the fan to go at least two cycle of on/off sounds like the problem is gone:D

I have to go to work ,TUE and WED I will take out to make sure

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Don't count on it... I don't think a problem with the fan would contribute to random stalling...

Check your fuel pressure when it dies and see what you got. I think the fuel pumps on these cars sometimes get jealous when you work on the opti :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
fuel pump better behave or I got MR walbro sitting in the box:D

any sign of jealousy,and he is out of the tank:D
MR walbro has his cousin MR
Racetronix upgrade wiring, partying in same box every night:D
waiting to go to tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts