Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '95 wagon is still pulling to right even after an alignment. At low speeds, the car tracks pretty straight. But once I pick up speed and hit about 60-65 mph my car starts to pull hard to the right, and I have to keep the wheel at 11 o'clock in order to keep it straight. I'm getting vibration in the steering wheel at high speed also.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Your alignment was done improperly. Where did you take it? I suggest you take it to a shop that specializes in alignments. Do you have the alignment printout?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your alignment was done improperly. Where did you take it? I suggest you take it to a shop that specializes in alignments. Do you have the alignment printout?
I didn't get a print out, but I gave them the "improved" B-body alignment specs that have been floating around the site. I live in MD, I couldn't find a shop that specializes in only alignments. The car drives a lot better, and the steering is more responsive, the pull and the vibration are the only issues. What should I look for or tell them to do when I take it back?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Your best bet is to contact a decent body shop and find out who does their subbed frame & alignment work. It won't be Midas or some chain store. There are plenty of those businesses in MD.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your best bet is to contact a decent body shop and find out who does their subbed frame & alignment work. It won't be Midas or some chain store. There are plenty of those businesses in MD.
I would rather take it back to the shop I already paid, before spending more money at another shop. I at least want them to try and correct the problem first.

Swap the front wheels. If the pull goes the other direction, you've got bad tires.
That was the first thing I tried, no change.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
They didn't leave something loose did they? The morons that did my sedans alignment left EVERYTHING they touched loose.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They didn't leave something loose did they? The morons that did my sedans alignment left EVERYTHING they touched loose.
When I got under there and checked, everything was tight.

But, one thing that's been driving me crazy is ever since I changed my front shocks I have have been feeling like a "tap, tap" when going over bumps. I keep thinking something is loose somewhere, but I don't see anything. I can feel it in the pedal every time I hit a decent bump.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have them check the condition of your ball joints and idler arm. You may have excessive play.
For the shocks check the Top bushing and washers. I had something similar with my car. the upper shock washer was hittin my control arm causing a squeaking or tap tap noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts