Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a carbon fiber Dominator hood for my 95 Impala SS. I should have pics in next few days. Retail price is $1499.00 each. This is a haid-laid 2 piece hood. The top layer is 100% real carbon fiber and the bottom layer is a black OE/style bottom half in fiberglass. We have the same type of hood on our 2010 Camaro SS. Looks awesome. These would look GREAT on a black SS!!!! Ready to install. No need for paint!!!!!

Retail is $1499.00. Forum price is $1099.00. I can sell the 1st 3 hoods of either design for $949.00 + shipping!!!!

Jason - Street Trends
877-628-8851

·
Registered
442 Posts
booooing need pics!!!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
weight difference from either stock or a fiberglass

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
weight difference from either stock or a fiberglass
well comparing my stock hood vs my 4 inch cowl... the differance is veryyy much i used my stock hood shocks and its hard for them to go down when i close the hood... i would love to see an slp style hood but in a 2+ inch style hood

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm about ready to do some body work and repaint My Lady. Would love to see some pictures of this hood. :cool:

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Hood pictures

Hi everyone. Here are some pics of our Dominator hood - thanks for your patience! Pics aren't the best but at least it's something to look at for now...

·
Registered
423 Posts
I purchased and installed the Dominator hood about a month ago and I really like it. If the weather breaks for a few minutes tomorrow I will try to get a couple pictures of it.

BTW my body shop was impressed with the quality and didnt have to do very much prepping before spraying and it lined up really good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Carbon Fiber Ram Air Hoods?????

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Carbon Fiber Impala Hoods

1st carbon fiber hood is scheduled to be completed this Thursday 10/28/10. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. I ordered this hood for my 95 Impala SS (Dominator/SLP style). If someone wants it and in a hurry you can take mine. I can make them quickly so no worries if you are in a time crunch.

Jason - Street Trends

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
What is the weight difference between the CF hood and stock hood?

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
OK thanks! On the fence right now but the Dominator hood is real nice!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
So the fiberglass dominator hood is still $950?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts