Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for information on where I can find the Carbon Fiber Trim Kit for my 96 Caprice. I specifically want the piece that goes around the door handle on all four doors to replace/cover the wood. I have a grey interior, and I think it would look awsome. Thanks a lot,
Megan :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check the classifieds at www.naisso.com There
was an ad from a guy that wanted to trade trim that a previous owner had put carbon fiber trim on, rather than damage it trying to remove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I can't get on the NAISSO site right now. It just directs me to an error message. But thank you anyway, and I will try another time. If anyone else knows where I can find the trim it would be greatly appriciated.
Megan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goto the SoCalSS website and look up Rick Castanoguay (sp? on the last name) in their members listing.

www.SoCalSS.org

He sells carbon fiber kits for the SS, and either has or can fabricate anything you want. He is also an owner of a sweet 94 SS, and is nicknamed "the Carbon Fiber guy".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's OK to post this here right? I mean the classified ad service the Troy has put up is kinda handy, ya know?

UPDATE 5/9/01 - looks like it's back to www.impalaclub.com . Who knows what Troy is up doing... that's why you join the ISSCA instead. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally found the correct email address for the Rich Castonguay, it is [email protected] for anyone else who is interested. The kit is 20 pieces (more than anyone elses), comes in woodgrain or carbon fiber (colors?), and is only $250. Much cheaper than the others. He makes them for the 94-96 Impala and Caprice. Unfortunately he hasn't got back to me yet, but I'm patiently waiting. Thanks everyone,
Megan

PS: I think you can get on NAISSO again using the old address www.naisso.com It has been working for me for the past two days now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megan:
Finally found the correct email address for the Rich Castonguay, it is [email protected]aol.com for anyone else who is interested. The kit is 20 pieces (more than anyone elses), comes in woodgrain or carbon fiber (colors?), and is only $250. Much cheaper than the others. He makes them for the 94-96 Impala and Caprice. Unfortunately he hasn't got back to me yet, but I'm patiently waiting. Thanks everyone,
Megan

PS: I think you can get on NAISSO again using the old address www.naisso.com It has been working for me for the past two days now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow~ a female enthusiast? :cool: or is megan referring to something else? im also waiting for him to responde too... i wrote him last week and still haven't heard from him... :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just installed one of Rich's carbon fiber dash kits on my DGGM. I found it easy to install, fits great and looks cool! :cool: Don't forget to inquire about the 'optional kit' if you are going to do everything. (Sorry, I don't remember what comes in the optional kit, however!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still no word from Rich. :( But I'm sure he's a busy guy, so I'll give him time. Keep you posted and let you know what I think when I get the trim. Might even post pictures! (Ohhhhh!) :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i haven't heard from Rich either.... :( well... i guess we've no choice but wait?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:eek: I got a set from carparts.com and have since decided to go with the billet trim. paid 300 bucks for it. Looks very cool but I like the aluminum look better. Will sell whole kit for $100. email me at [email protected] :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.