Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I bought almost a complete interior from Carl. He never sent me the door panels that I paid him $100 for. I got the old runaround and him changing his story every time I talked to him. I even have emails from him that totally contradict each other. Some of what I did get from him was damaged from his horrible packaging.
I know he's done a lot of business on this forum and that is why I thought I could trust him. I talked to him on several ocasions and he seemed like a nice guy.
Please don't comment with "he's a stand up guy" or "he took care of me" and other such things because he flat out ripped me off and I reallly don't want to hear that. There is no excuse for he unprofessional behavior.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
welcome to the world of Carl Malone He has ripped off many and will do so again ,He got me for alot more then that by befriending me first and then hearing nothing by sob stories and false promises.
Hope this only helps others.And it is hard to resist buying from someone when you need something.
But the people that defend him are probly waiting for a part or want one from him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, he had a rather eventful few weeks before he shipped my wheels out (according to his tale(s) of woe) The stories did make me a bit nervous as I had never done business with him before, but the wheels eventually arrived and, aside from not being cleaned (as he said would be done before shipping and they were really not that dirty anyway), they seem to be just as he described. The packaging seemed ok, although both boxes did rip open on their trip half-way across the Country

Were his 'reasons' for the slow shipping real or made up? Don't know, however I like to give a man the benefit of the doubt and in the end, I am happy with the deal we made and would buy from him again.

Sorry you had guys had trouble with him. Also sorry that you will have 50 posts below mine saying what a great guy he is to do business with. Just because a hundred transactions go smoothly does not mean that 100% of his transactions work out satisfactorily for everyone.

Just because most seem very happy with him does not make your disatisfaction any less real.

*Actually, I just measured them (only checked for obvious damage when they arrived), 2 of the rims are 8 inches wide, the other 2 are 7 inches wide instead of the 8" all around as he posted. Will still work for me, but I would have prefered 8" on all 4. I believe it was an honest error on his part as he was not real sure on the backspacing either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Thump:
I would defend him, but the 1st post says not to.

Hope it all works out Quaq.
Same here. I defended him last time and would normally do it again... but I won't.

Hope everything turns out well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is going to be a long thread! Last I heard (When I spoke to Him last summer) Carl wanted to get out of the " B-Body parts selling" thing alltogether :confused: . My only recent dealings with Carl was he wanted to buy a LT1 Alt bracket from me and told me to box it up and ship it but he never made the Pay-Pal pmnt so I didn't ship it! No response after that. I Did recieve my Seats and headliner from Him last Summer though....No Problem!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i heard that i don't beleive that there is too much money to be made selling off parts for 11 year old cars

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I've heard detailed Carl's story about those panels several times, why don't you post details of your side of the story???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when people start saying they want out of the B-body business like carl has stated to a few members, that is a tip off of not to do business with them, they will get very sloppy towards the end, he did mention that he was switching over to the New Dodge forum, maybe a few people could tip them off/in there feedback section about his business practices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was lucky....Carl and I had come to a deal on a set of fans....all he had to do was e-mail me a shipping price and I would have paid him....
Then he disappeared from the net...no response to my e-mails.
A month later he showed up here with a new screen name trying to sell the same fans to someone else. :rolleyes:
So it sounds like I was lucky I never paid the man....
Later,
Bob T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i lost no money to him but i dealt with him for a couple of weeks about a tranny i had that needed a rebuild.we spoke for the 2 weeks and the night before i went to the swap meet in englishtown i called him and he said no prob bring the tranny.i lug the tranny all the way out to englishtown.i finally found him as he was not answering his cell phone.when i found him he said he had spent all his money and that he would not take the tranny.i really did not appreciate his business manners and his cander with not having the money he basically gave me a sob story and walked away.thats my carl story.
thanks paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope yall will work it out....
but carl... u ripped off one of my good friend... and i still have to say... You suck man...
DONT PM ME!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fans hell i had several sets and no i did not come back under another name.
Carl...you don't want to go there...I have the e-mails
CARL MALONE wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:42:31 -0600, Bob & Amy Thieda
>wrote:
>
>
>
>>COOL i am sorry i could not get back to you any
>>
>>
>faster as i am on the raod alot getting parts.
>I can send that to you for 60.00 610.760.1782.
>Carl
>
>
>>Carl,
>>I only need the primary, (passenger side), fan
>>
>>
>assembly.
>
>
>>That would be the fan, motor and bracket.
>>Would you just sell the one?
>>How does $60 plus shipping to 60188 sound?
>>Let me know.
>>Thanks,
>>Bob Thieda
>>Carol Stream, IL
>>
>>
That was Feb 16th, 2004...
Price set $60...

I e-mailed you back asking for shipping on Feb 19th...have that e-mail...

NO ANSWER...NO REPLY...fine, your busy, no problem...

March 7th, 2004 "Carl the Parts man Malone" puts up a set of fans in the for sale section for $75 shipped....
http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=008785

Now your goin' by the name..."Body part-SS"...
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is more than one Carl Malone....
I'm not angry Carl, I'm just glad I never sent you any money...

Later,
Bob T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The gent with the panels you are not telling the truth.
Uh huh, I made it all up. Just go back to your little fantasy world where you are a victim and not the people who you ripped.
As of today thank you all i will never sell another item again.
Good! I had no idea of the extend of your behavior. Be gone!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And another thing...the name you used in the March 7th post, "Carl the Parts man malone", was registered on Feb 18th, 2004....member #7618...
Two days AFTER we agreed on a price....

So what screen name were you using when you first put the fans for sale????
Mr. "no i did not come back under another name."

Man...the truth, that's all people want...

Bob T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, thanks for the infor Carl. I'll explain it for the twentieth time- I got those four boxes and THE DOORING PANELS WERE NOT IN THEM!!! And if they were they were they probably would of been all broken up anyways. If I write in broken gibberish then will you understand?
And now you want an apology and beer? I can't believe the audacity. Reality just called, it misses you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The truth you cant handle the truth.
What is that...are you trying to be funny?
I wish this was not an issue . My question to you is do you have a beef with me or are you just pilling on at this stage and upset that you did not get the fans . If thats the case my bad.
Listen...all you had to do was say hey, sorry, I f'ed up and blew you off on the fans...or tell me you didn't have them, or whatever...I would of forgotten the whole thing...
I even gave you your chance to say sorry when you came back after two weeks of ignoring me and suddenly had fans to sell again....read it here:
http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=008785
Yet you ignored it....

I can't believe you don't understand why it was wrong....
Ya, I got my fans, from a GOOD businessman...who did what he said he would...
But you put me in a bind with my schedual and wasted my time, because I believed you...

Time is all God gives on this earth and I hate it when someone wastes mine...

Night,
Bob T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Body part-SS:
You sighned for the panels as i have the proof now as i did not have it when we last spoke.
Show me the proof.
Originally posted by Body part-SS:
As of today thank you all i will never sell another item again.
The next day he's selling on here. A true man of your word aren't you Carl.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.