Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone else interested in a gp for carpet? im gettin seat covers so i need carpet also. any ideas on a company ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need some too! I just got my leatherseats.com interior installed. I need mine in a charcoal gray. Let me know what you find out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear that the place to get carpet is impalasscarpet.com. I emailed him and he said delivery would be 4-6 weeks. But a friend of mine has been waiting 6+ months! He recieved an email from impalasscarpet.com stating that part of it was his fault and part was his supplier's fault, but that he was back on track now and should deliver soon. I have never actually seen his product though. I too am in on the current GP for leather seats and will need carpet also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the place to go is CAR MOTORSPORTS. look at the header on the forum. they advertise here. its called Bentley carpet. i have a hot rod shop and got some samples from him. its the best, and thickest i've seen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by rob5r:
I hear that the place to get carpet is impalasscarpet.com. I emailed him and he said delivery would be 4-6 weeks. But a friend of mine has been waiting 6+ months! He recieved an email from impalasscarpet.com stating that part of it was his fault and part was his supplier's fault, but that he was back on track now and should deliver soon. I have never actually seen his product though. I too am in on the current GP for leather seats and will need carpet also.
You can go with Smokeybear but 1st read these posts regarding Mr. Frederico at Impalasscarpet.com
http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000461

http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=017373

Look into Car Motorsports. They have great feedback so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought 1500 series black carpet from Tom Frederico about a year ago. I waited almost 6 months for my carpet. It came in a box that said MOLDED CARPET on it. Carpet was real thick and it was almost a bitch putting it in, afcourse I f*cked up a few edges by trimming it down when I was installing it.

A couple of weeks ago, I helped install Miguel's carpet that he bought from Tom. He waited about 4 weeks for his carpet. Box looked exactly like mine, but when we pulled the carpet out, it was a piece of FLAT carpet that needed A LOT of trimming. The carpet was NOT MOLDED!!!

I'll make the call to Alan tomorow about the carpet that he carries and see if he would be interested in working with us on the GP.

I would stay FAR AWAY from Tom's NEW( :rolleyes: ) carpet that he gets out in only 4-6 weeks. You'll be better off by going to the carpet store and buying a big-ass piece of carpet. :rolleyes:

I'll keep ya guys posted tomorow.

Lenny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool member 10000 tell us what you find out and take heed to what thump says also , i got his blue (so called grey) rear deck carpet it should have been grey but was just dyed over blue ; faded in a few months through his limo tinted rear...... but it looks great in my blue int in the 91 :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by pimpallya59:
cool member 10000 tell us what you find out and take heed to what thump says also , i got his blue (so called grey) rear deck carpet it should have been grey but was just dyed over blue ; faded in a few months through his limo tinted rear...... but it looks great in my blue int in the 91 :D

That was a great Vegas trip!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Member # 10000:

I'll make the call to Alan tomorow about the carpet that he carries and see if he would be interested in working with us on the GP.

Lenny
Lenny,

We are definitely interested in doing this and can offer some options for everyone depending on what they want. Our regular carpet is pretty nice for those that don't want or feel they need a super plush, extra thick carpet. We can offer rubber backing on both the OEM style stuff and the super premium stuff or it can be offered without.

All we need is a count of who will buy so we can get the skinniest we can on the price.

Alan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good, Alan!

I'm in for black super plush carpet and extra thick carpet without the rubber backing.

BTW, did you get my voice mail message?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am intrested, of coarse on price an options. In example, are there also a "trim" package for carpet available? I mean like the small pieces of carpet that go on the rear deck, the door panels, the center-floor shift, etc.?

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by BRIM:
I am intrested, of coarse on price an options. In example, are there also a "trim" package for carpet available? I mean like the small pieces of carpet that go on the rear deck, the door panels, the center-floor shift, etc.?

Thanks in advance
Absolutely. We offer an accessory kit in both styles of carpet. I would strongly recommend against using the super thick stuff, particularly on the center console.

Here's what I need. If everyone could Email or PM me with your needs by November 30, I'll figure up pricing based on the quantities of the items requested. I'll then post that info here and if there's a few other latecomers who want in, they can get in at the Nov. 30 pricing.

Thanks,

Alan

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.