Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else looking to do carpet in their car soon? Was wondering if maybe enough people are interested that we can ask 2SMFG if they'd do a group discount.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The website shows $485 with free shipping. I haven't even contacted them yet as I figured I should check here to see if there was any interest first. As far as quality I've heard it's really good and ALOT better than ACC. This carpet comes with the MAAS backing just like factory unlike the ACC carpet I've seen in the past.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hmm. Not sure it would be twice as good at the ACC. Their top Essex with MASS backing is just over 2 bills on rockauto. Regular cutpile I think was a buck and half.
Would be an interesting comparison.
Gonna order one soon for my crown vic once I pick which color. Can give some feed back down the road if desired.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hmm. Not sure it would be twice as good at the ACC. Their top Essex with MASS backing is just over 2 bills on rockauto. Regular cutpile I think was a buck and half.
Would be an interesting comparison.
Gonna order one soon for my crown vic once I pick which color. Can give some feed back down the road if desired.
Sounds good on the feedback..Im thinking of going essex as well...Looks to be more plush..

·
Registered
388 Posts
How about a vinyl floor instead?

Ever consider replacing the carpet with vinyl flooring? I've had vehicles that didn't have carpet and instead had vinyl flooring and I liked that 100x better than the carpeting that will stain and trap dirt. This was the config I picked if I was ordering for myself, a hell of a lot cheaper than carpet. So much so that you can buy the best carpeted mats to put on top of this or Weathertech mats and still have money left over;

Vinyl Floor Mats for Trucks & SUV's

Not trying to pick a fight, just suggest an alternative...

P.S.

They also have a ton of carpeting choices too...

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Ever consider replacing the carpet with vinyl flooring? I've had vehicles that didn't have carpet and instead had vinyl flooring and I liked that 100x better than the carpeting that will stain and trap dirt. This was the config I picked if I was ordering for myself, a hell of a lot cheaper than carpet. So much so that you can buy the best carpeted mats to put on top of this or Weathertech mats and still have money left over;

Vinyl Floor Mats for Trucks & SUV's

Not trying to pick a fight, just suggest an alternative...

P.S.

They also have a ton of carpeting choices too...
I agree, when I had my '74 Blazer that what I had, and it was great, especially in the Catskills with snow and mud. It made cleaning a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent an e-mail to 2smfg this morning asking if they'd consider a group discount as there are a few of us interested. Now I just sit back and wait for a reply.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Me and Scott/HACK are good friends, and we typically go out to dinner on Friday nights.

He has taken on a new job in the last two weeks, involving a lot of travel, but I think he will be returning home on Thursday nights.

I'll mention that y'all want to do a GP, and have him get in touch, or I will relay the word here later.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I agree, when I had my '74 Blazer that what I had, and it was great, especially in the Catskills with snow and mud. It made cleaning a lot easier.
I would never put that stuff in my Impala. It just gives a cheap feel to the car. Plus on long road trips some people like to take their shoes off! lol!

On a work car or a beater...ok. Not on one of my "nice" cars.

Plus cleaning the carpet isn't that bad. The mats I got off ebay cover up most of the blemishes that came on my carpet. I haven't added any. But there are some stains I can't get out. Maybe coffee or something.

I did have weathertech mats in a volvo I owned...but I drove that car in the winter and it had light beige carpet. They were a God send though. This car I do not drive when there is snow on the ground. At all.

Ok, Scott Zimmerman e-mailed me back and said if we get 5 people they'll give a 5% discount and if we can get 10 people they'll do 10% discount. Any takers now?
5% is $25. So $460? Not enough savings to strap my bank account right now. I'd rather wait a few months than tie up all that money to save $25. If you can get 10% I'll think about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts