Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some guys read I got new Catco cats put on this week. Installed at an exhaust shop with experience and my brother who took it for me said they told him it is misfiring(car) after they installed them. Before the old ones never made noise as loud as these but they were also clogged. So my new ones make a rattling noise that isn't too loud but can hear it from inside with windows down. Plus the check engine light was one till I revved it a couple times. So is there really misfiring and maybe causing the noise? SN: when I go fast on highway it feels like it lags to go into different gears when flooring it.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
1. Cats should not cause the misfire. Get the engine scanned to determine what the problem is......

2. Check the cats to see if the heat shields are loose. A recent photo on the forum showed that the Catcos may have an issue with heat shields being poorly welded to the body of the cats.

If the heat shields are loose......remove them.

KW

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
if the exhaust is noticeably louder with the new cats might also check the body heat shields under the floorboard for rattling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts