Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a moment a warn members about an Ebay buyer who is far less then honest that may attempt purchases from club memebers! His Ebay user name was first "copcarcrzy" then on August 26, 2005 he changed it to 9c1-lt1. This individual (Bob) is out of Toledo Ohio. He had the winning bid on a 9C1 cluster that I had up for auction. Item closed on July 28, 2005. I sent invoice with in minutes of auction closing. With no answer I sent a second invoice on the 29th. Five messages went unanwsered until he did reply on Aug 2, 2005 requesting my address and how much he owed. All that information would have been on the invoice, he stated he would rather contact the seller. Oh well, I sent it to him with his promise of sending a money order. From August 6th to the 18th I sent 7 messages requesting status, no anwer. Late the 18th of August I finally heard from "Honest Bob" the second time, now he tells me he sent the money order! Come the 20th of August he states he contacted the Post Office and the money order was cashed!! His message to me was quite rude to say the least! Can you see where this is going!!! I have sent "Honest Bob" at least 27 messages requesting information on the money order, you know like date of purchase and the Postal money order number. My thought is, if he checked the money order status with the post office he must have a receipt. Never ever did he reply!! So I contacted the Post Master and requested a search for any money order with the exact amount he would have purchased his for, we used the dates of when "Honest Bob" first asked my address and the date he said money order was cashed. We first checked his Zip Code, then the State, well you got it, nothing purchased for that exact amount. Of course he has never responded to this information, as I even located his telephone number and left a message there. If he didn't want the item, no problem, tell me so, but to make it look like I am dishonest is another ball game. Considering the titles he has used on Ebay, he may also attempt purchases here. Please be caustious.
Deputy347K9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the heads up Deputy! I've gotten to the point of where I state "Pay-Pal ONLY" on anything I sell on E-Bay for this very reason. That way I Have a record of the buyer "Actually" making pmnt and if there is a mistake on the address....It's the buyers problem since I Use UPS Ground with a record of the transaction and tracking# along with the "Verified" Address given to me by Pay-Pal! Your not alone on E-Bay....Believe me! My Son just got ripped off $55.00 on a set of 6-1/2" speakers from a seller that was "Verified" and sent us a bogus USPS tracking #, Then canceled His E-Bay account 2 days later! (That's been 3 weeks ago and 6 E-mails with NO Response from Him)....No Speakers have arrived either! We filed a claim with Pay-Pal...Stay Tuned??? Bottom line: There's plenty of crooks on E-Bay!

UPDATE: Well, I Guess this crook wasn't bright enough to hurry and clean out or cancel His Pay-Pal/Bank account setup....He didn't respond to Pay-Pal and they yanked the $55.00 back from him and refunded us. This is rare, these crooks usually clean the Pay-Pal account out ASAP and then cancel or empty the bank Account they have setup with Pay-Pal...... My Son-------> :D .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can vouch for Deputy on this, I have bought a bunch of parts from Deputy for my 9C1, Shipping is always prompt and parts are well packaged. A very stand up guy.
L8r
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I back deputy347K9 100%, he's a great guy! Ebay needs to get their stuff in order. Get rid of the scum on ebay. Why do people bid if they don't pay. Ebay is simple, you want it bid, then pay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Deputy347K9:
Oh well, I sent it to him with his promise of sending a money order.
Mistake! I've wanted to trust people before too. And I bet a majority of them would send the money after receiving product, but I think from now on, it will be much harder to trust anyone like this again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.