Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was bored..and thought i'd be fun to get one with optional external speaker for PA use. not 15 minutes after install some kid was hitting his airbag switches next to me.. i hit PA switch and announced "i'm not impressed". . man almost wrecked his trunk from the SHOCK. lol

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet man. I've got the same one. You can see it in my sig, and the brass horn under my hood is the speaker.

I never really use the PA nemore, kinda got old, but the CB is great on road trips.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by White93ltz:
Sweet man. I've got the same one. You can see it in my sig, and the brass horn under my hood is the speaker.

I never really use the PA nemore, kinda got old, but the CB is great on road trips.
yeah, i dont take alot of road trips.. but i do have one coming up soon. should come in handy. other then that i really have no real use for it,besides entertainment. lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put a linear amplifier and a power mic on your cb... the next time you have a kid pull up with his stereo cranked up you can key your mic and it will come through his speakers....Talk about someone ****in their pants.... :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatd you use for an antenna?
I was going to do this, but all I have is like a 8 foot boat CB antenna now.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or get a Larsen NMO 27b.

I'm in CB shopping at the moment. I would like to have one for the trip out to St. Louis this summer so I've been looking at Cobra's remote unit-

Basically it's a CB mic with the controls in your hand. It goes to a remote power box hidden somewhere else and takes care of the rest. Should be good for my cramped interior space what with all my other radios and crap. It's about $100 which is a little more than I want to spend so I haven't decided yet.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put a linear amplifier and a power mic on your cb... the next time you have a kid pull up with his stereo cranked up you can key your mic and it will come through his speakers....Talk about someone ****in their pants....
... care to go into more details on this, sounds fun

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that a cobra 25ltd classic? by the way, if you need any radio advice I'm an electronics technician and I used to work for a CB shop before I got my current job.

Honestly, you really don't need a power mic for that radio if set up properly. A linear amp to boost your power output will work just fine. One of the finest is the Texas Star DX250. Easy to match to the radio and doesn't put too much draw on the electrical system.

Anyway, nice radio
-Marc-

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we do something close to that around here. when sum one pulls up in a craka jax car with the radio on (theres only 1 station they all listen to around here ) we take an ipod with a podcast on it and select that station and play music man do they freek out when on min there bumpin 50 cent and thanx to me and my budy's the next minute its spice girls or backstreet boys

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I know what he's saying. I'll try to explain it in English.

He's saying that he has a device like the one pictured below. It plugs into your iPod and allows you to broadcast the playback of your iPod as an FM signal to your car radio.

These devices can be tuned to broadcast on ANY FM frequency. Obviously, the manufacturer intends for you to broadcast on an FM frequency that is not used by a commercial radio station in your area.

What Oohrahss is saying is that he knows what station the guys in the other car are listening to. So, he tunes his iPod transmitter to that frequency (e.g. 102.3). Supposedly, this broadcast from the iPod is more powerful than the commercial broadcast and the radio in the other car starts playing whatever is streaming from his iPod.

Cool idea. I'm gonna have to try it out to believe it. I've gotta believe that in order to get approved by the FCC, these iPod FM Broadcast devices have extremely low broadcast power. I'm not saying it's impossible -- just that I haven't tried it to verify.

Oohrahss: What brand of iPod FM transmitter do you have and have you done anything to boost the output signal?

-- Dan

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
uh i think it was just the ipod brand from apple when they first came out. I didnt do anything special but like u said its a very low signal so it would have to be at a stop light and a car with a regular antenna not one in the back window or anything. It wont work while your driving down the road or anything. There are certain stations that have realy strong signals but the station everyone listens to around here is broadcast from RI and we live in Ma so the signal isnt to strong is some areas.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
put a linear amplifier and a power mic on your cb... the next time you have a kid pull up with his stereo cranked up you can key your mic and it will come through his speakers....Talk about someone ****in their pants....
im talkin bout this, i dont want to play music on their stereo, what is he talkin about?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts