Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was away at school for a while, The CC got cracked up on the right side (Parking lot swipe.. Stupid lady) and repaired. Well... Besides the stupid body shop rigging up the broken cladding screws and clips, It looks decent. I also had the shop Shave the hood ornament and paint up an Impala SS grille (Yeah I know... Chevy on an olds) Hey though. The CC Grille was practally broken in half for some odd reason. Having no ornament and the Grille makes it look preety cool from the front. It is nice haveing a clean hood.

Man! I love that Dark blue color. It is the best color. Ill prob take some pics and post em.

I only wish the body shop notifyed me when he could not find new cladding, So Perhaps it all could have been removed... And 95-96 mirrors added. Oh well. Atleast the hood and door rust is gone. The front bumper(Top only... Damn shop) also was painted so everything is shiny. I am gladd 75% of the car is not an eyesore anymore. The left side needs some work now, Along with the sun beaten roof. Ill prob mess around with that side just for fun.

Gone...

Here are some pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man, those white walls are killin' ya!

I guess I shouldn't say anything, I'm still running with no hubcaps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... Those are BALD! whitewalls with wheels that havea really messed up finish.

I havent had time to choose wheels and tires out for it.

The centercaps are getting repainted becasue the body shop somehow took all the red off on them, so that is why they are missing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking better!

I'd hold an elf hostage and demand that santa bring you some torque thrust II's or Impala SS this year....or else...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good Vandal!

On the wheels... if budget is an issue (as it always is for me), check out the aluminum Caprice wheels from the sedans. I run them with BFG 235/70-15 tires. That way your centercaps will match your grill
. You may have to remove any oldsmobile badges with that setup, though :( . I actually like the look of the cladding. Since two of my wagons have had rust in the lower quarter panels, I see it as an advantage. I paid big money to get steel patches welded into my '92. If I could have installed cladding instead, I would have...

At any rate, your car is looking good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.