Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 RM wagon that I want to install a CD changer in. It has the delco theftlock head unit with a "source" button that I assume allows it to control a CD changer?
Anybody know if the wagon was wired for a changer or if I need to buy a special harness? If it was pre-wired, where would I find the connector in the back of the car?
Thanks
Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ron,
I put the Delco CD Changer in my SS and had to buy the wiring harness for it. I would doubt any car has the harness installed unless it was installed by a previous owner or the factory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken the interiors (including the carpet) out of two '96 RM wagons, neither one had been pre-wired for CD players. YMMV

KC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No 96 RM Wagon came from the factory with a CD player. It was not offered as a factory option.

Some owners have used an RF CD changer mounted in the bin opposite the spare tire.

The "Source" button is used to switch between tape and radio on tape equipped Wagons; and tape, radio, or CD on some RM sedans.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the factory 12 CD changer in my car. The harness is about $40. The unit works great. It's nice to have all the controls on the factory Cassette player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.