Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a free factory cd player (yeah i'm good) and it won't play. it's a theft lock but it wasn't locked so i put her in and slipped in a cd and it showed Err. any ideas?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had problems with some CD's burned by individuals rather than the actual store bought record releases. Does the radio work?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That can happen if the battery is disconnected. Look in your owners manual if the radio is the same year as the car. Many times people never bothered to put their own code in the radio, so maybe it's still set at the factory default. The manual may tell you how to clear it.

John C

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm... well the radio works even though my antenna is a hack job. i took it back out until i figure it out. i'm not sure if it has a code set or not.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the Theftlock is activated - nothing will work. Sounds like it's only the CD player that's having problems.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm... $10? sounds like a deal!
hhaha if i can't git it 2 work u can have it for that man.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey if the radio is theft locked you can get it unlocked. There's a master code for the radio based on the serial number. I saw a post on this either here or at NAISSO 6 months ago. Call a dealer and explain the prob. It shouldn't be that big a deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts