Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my 96 SS. When you turn the key to the on but not start the car, my CEL comes on but does not flash, just stays on, does not go out. In other cars I have had it blinks then would go off when car keys are turned on but not started the car.
Once I start the SS it comes on for a second or two (still no few blicks) then goes out. Is this correct for a 96 SS?
Also, my 96, the air pump is removed but all the plumbing and the wirings is still there and PCM not reprogrammed for a AIR PUMP delete. That being out as it is shouldn't the CEL be thrown for that???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I thought the light would FLASH a few times. Mine is not. It just is on then goes off.
And yes, my air pump is removed but I left all the hoses/plumbing on it and the pcm has not been redone for the delete. But NO CEL now. ODD.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone????????????? Next time you get in your SS/Caprice/RM/RMW pay attn to your check engine light, does it flash a few times then goes out or does it just come on for a sec or so then goes out????? Mine is a 96 for that it is worth.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
it comes on and goes off, pending any codes. the airbag light should flash 7? times when turned on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks. I knew I had some purge issues with the canister system, but I replaced all that stuff that I could so perhaps that is one reason the CEL would go out but with the AIR PUMP off the car but program deleted one would think that would throw a CEL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.