Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to de-screening the MAF on my 96 BBB. I was rewarded with a CEL when I restarted the engine. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a couple hours hoping it would re-set. It does not appear that this has worked. I thought I read once that it would take the OBD II a couple days of driving to notice the increased flow and the CEL would go out. Is this wrong or do I likely have an air leak in my re-connections. I have the Gen II FIPK from K&N installed for four years now with never a CEL. Any advice?? thanks chydog :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the connection to MAF is not correct or poss "air leak", should be no CEL at all, recheck connections, vaccum hookups, wires, etc.,... :D :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff in Western WA:
I think the connection to MAF is not correct<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you didn't put the MAF in ...backwards
:eek: ??

Hey...sh!t happens :rolleyes: .

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I descreened my MAF I ran .8 slower than before. 15.6 @ 88 mph. Turns out I put the damn thing on backwards like KWbaraka said. So sh!t does happen :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, a little embarrassment. MAF was put in properly however I must have had a leak in the connections. Re-aasembled and CEL is gone. Haste makes waste 'eh. Next time i'll double check before i use my lifelines. Thanx chydog

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I de-screened my MAF, no lights. Low speed stumble, surging, not happy. Put the screen back on and everything smoothed out. Don't go to the track so I don't know the difference there. But street driveability is much better for me with the screen in place. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95LTZ:
I de-screened my MAF, no lights. Low speed stumble, surging, not happy. Put the screen back on and everything smoothed out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't muck around with precision measuring devices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AFAIK removing the screen if your intake has bends (like the stock system or an FIPK) may cause issues.... while using a straight-into-the-TB intake like a RAISS or SSRI allows for problem-free screen removal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.