Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a CEL due to code 43. I've been troubleshooting this issue using I found on lt1 tech. Knock sesnsors should read between 3300"-4500 ohms. both of mine checked out at 3900 ohm.

W/key on knock sensor connector should read 5v, if not check ECM pin d22(5v). My KS connectors and pin d22 were 0.13v

I even swapped out my ECM with a spare ECM to rule out the esc.
What is my next step?

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Check for a ground in the wiring. The voltage is not reaching the sensor. I could also be a corroded/loose/resistive connector in the circuit. Since you are supposed to have 5 volts, you have to loose it somewhere. Get the VOM out and start checking the wiring. Work from the sensor backwards until you find the 5 volts. It will be between there and the sensor. It is not an open, or you would have 0 volts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check for a ground in the wiring. The voltage is not reaching the sensor. I could also be a corroded/loose/resistive connector in the circuit. Since you are supposed to have 5 volts, you have to loose it somewhere. Get the VOM out and start checking the wiring. Work from the sensor backwards until you find the 5 volts. It will be between there and the sensor. It is not an open, or you would have 0 volts.
Darn all this time I never seen this response man thanks I am going to keep searching as I am tinkering with the car now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.