Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. got question.. for ONLY centering the rear axle can i only change to extended lower control arms? or do i have to extend upper too? and in either situation.do i need to extend the driveshaft?

gracias.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by HtownTexaSS:
ok. got question.. for ONLY centering the rear axle can i only change to extended lower control arms? or do i have to extend upper too? and in either situation.do i need to extend the driveshaft?

gracias.
BOTH
I think you can get away with the stock shaft on 1/2" extended arms, but you'll definately need one with 3/4" or longer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.. cheapest upper/lower ones available? and whats most cost effective way to extend the drive shaft?

i actually just considered leaving car with a hydraulics guy here in town..and tell him what my goal was.. he's real familiar with extending/reinforcing control arms and extending drive shafts. even making telescoping driveshafters.

[ 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: HtownTexaSS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did the BMR adjustable uppers and extended lowers(3/4). I dont think the 1/2" with actually center the wheel. I had to do alot of adjusting of the exhaust and brake lines and I'm also having the drive shaft lengthened. Looks good but what a pain.

Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.