Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a `95 Caprice. My change oil light came on today. I changed the oil about 1000 miles ago. The owners manual says to hold the reset button in for 5 seconds. Guess what..... no reset button. Now this is an old police car. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Please help

Gary

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do this.

Put the key in, turn the ignition all the way with out starting.
Press and depress the accelerator fully 3 times.

hth

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

What you need to do is find the fuse panel to the laft of the dashboard. Uncover find the yellow reset button and hold for 5 seconds with the ignition on witout actually starting the car.

Good luck

J. Garibay

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To clarify the first reply, "turn the ignition all the way with out starting.
Press and depress the accelerator fully 3 times." means turning the key to the 'run' position and pressing the accelerator to the floor 3 times in a row. The change oil light will flash a couple of times and then it is reset. It will come back on after 5 or 6 thousand miles of normal driving. I had a vision of someone trying to push the pedal down 3 times real fast while the car is actually cranking (but before it starts).

The reset button was last seen on the 94 model year cars.

-D

Just a gentle reminder though, this question has been asked about 14 million times and is easily found in a search of the forum. Repeating the question/answer only clogs up the archieves and makes it a longer search in the future for all queries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts