Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My change oil light keeps coming on. My oil is fresh and I never let it go over, i pulled the pcm fuse to clear every thing but it came right back on. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I don't know about yours but on my car there is a sensor on the side of the oil pan that indicates LOW oil level. Are you sure this isn't a pressure problem? Let's hope not.:crying:

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
..it tells you how to turn it off in the owners manual

with key in RUN position/engine off fully push accelerator 3 times within 5 seconds. If Change Oil light flashes 2 times, it is reset. if it stays on it didn't reset, repeat process

the sensor on oil pan is "low oil" sensor, has nothing to do with the Change Oil light

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
BALLSS, Thanks you reminded me. It's been so long since I have driven my car. I was mentioning the sensor. All Y'all keep me straight here.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Thanks guys
this GM change oil light is not any oil analysis .. it is a programmed setup by gm to inform you that you have operated the vehicle over a period of time then the light comes on .. this was common question about 20yrs ago. you can change your oil every week and this light will come on, unless you reset the oil change procedure.

my new vehicle 2016 toyota has this also , but is a little more tricky to reset ...

since I do 10K oil changes around 5K miles the light comes on my truck ... so I reset it .. GM silverado .. same procedure as impala ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts