Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trading up to a '94-96 in early '02 and the only change I have noticed is the rear quarter glass. My wife and I own a '92 LTZ, She hates the rear wheel wells and the flat "old man" dash. Its been by far the best car we've owned, 107k still getting 24-26 mpg hwy (sucks in town with 2.73 gears)and 127 mph on the way to Denver this summer, with the wife sleeping in the pass seat.

Thanks

Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lets see... If you are talking from a Caprice to a Impala SS there are these differences other than the obvious interior:

1. The rear quarter glass is rounded but is an insert on the '94's and the whole body is rounded on the '95 - '96's.

2. The '94 - '95's have a column shifter and the '96 has a floor shifter.

3. The '94 - '95's have a digital instrament cluster. The '96 has a analog cluster.

4. The dash is much different from the '91 - '93's to the '94 - '96's. It looks much better IMO.

5. I think the Impala ss came with all wheel disk breaks, where as the Caprice didn't unless it had the police package.

6. The Impala SS and the '94 -'96 police package caprices had the larger motor (LT1).

Those are a couple of differences that I know of. I have a '94 Caprice 9C1 and I love it. The power is great.

They are great cars as you know. Just my 2 cents!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there were also civilian caprices built with the LT1.....like mine.....they came with drums in the back and 2.93 gears, where the police cars & imps were 3.08

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '94 9C1 Novice:
6. The Impala SS and the '94 -'96 police package caprices had the larger motor (LT1).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all 9c1's had the LT1 and civilian caprices did come with it optional.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact the best known Lt1 B-body Chevrolet person on the internet and E-bay. Craig Jasmin owner of Key Motors specializes in the 94 to 96 Lt1 B-body Lt1 Caprice Classic. He has sold Impala ss's, 9c1 Cop cars in excellent shape, Caprice Lt1 wagons, hard to find 1a2 Police Caprice Classic wagons and is getting in once in awhile the police pursuit Chevrolet Tahoe. Tell Craig John Wutzer sent you from Albany, NY. Craig has shipped cars all over the USA and to Europe. http://keymotorsusa.com Good luck in finding your Lt1 Chevrolet B-body. They are terriffic powerhouses that can be driven for a long time with high mileage. John

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John W is 100% correct.
i am sure you could get an LT1 caprice with disk brakes and 3.08 all civilain options (my neighbor has one) it has the HD cooling package even...
jonathan

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, in 95-96, the same time the rear quarter glass was changed, they outside mirrors were changed also. They were mounted to the door higher, on break-away pivots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts