Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 caprice classic with the 4.3 V8
It has single exhaust the flange at the convertor rusted off muffler has a hole starting and the resonator is rusting out
Its time for new exhaust!!!
Will a cat back dual setup bolt right in or will I have to fabricate?
I was thinking I could just get new pipes for a Impala SS and set it up that way with aerochambers I already have and straight pipe to replace the resonator.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
as well as hangers, you will also need to add the metal exhaust shields to the fuel tank area on the driver side. They're pretty cheap and still available from GM dealerships. Otherwise yes the pipes hook up with no additional hardware needed

·
Registered
362 Posts
Or look in your local junk yard for an LT1 car, even a Roadmonster, and get the required frame side hangers and heat shields from it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You are also going to need a tubular cross member to run the drivers side exhaust, unless your car had it. I can't remember if that model had the cross member for dual exhaust or not. We can also do a full exhaust system for you.

·
Registered
581 Posts
All 94-96 B body vehicles use the same transmission crossmember whether single or dual exhaust GM part number 10249414. The 91-93's used a different crossmember as they only had single exhaust, and if I am not mistaken may have different frame mounting locations so a 91-93 just can't bolt in the 94-96 crossmember but would also have to weld in mounts for it. - Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts