1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
good looking VC...what cap would you use for oil fill??

Looks like the hole in VC is more a breather size so I guess you could use one for a oil cap

Also people have separated the 2 halves of alternator and "clocked" it so the more recessed part is up against the VC allowing aftermarket VC to fit the PS..might work with these

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have purchased (but yet to install) the Torqhead 24x kit with the satin black fuel rail covers and intake cover/coil bracket so I think these valve covers will look perfect with them. I plan on getting their new shallow body 220a alternator next so clearance wont be an issue. Here is a pic of the installed kit from their site. As far as oil cap goes I have a nice cap from the composite covers and I was thinking I gould have a machine shop handle th treads. Or come up with another solution

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Since both are Proform manufactured I suspect you have a match here. The cap is push on and most likely has a rubber type collar to insert in the fill tube.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
You need to use the non breather cap, and put you PCV in the other hole. If you do not use the PCV system, it may cause some idle/running issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep in mind that using a breather cap now makes it an open system and won't work correctly for scavenging out the crankcase fumes as designed to do.

I don't think its a true breather cap I believe its a standard fill plug only

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need to use the non breather cap, and put you PCV in the other hole. If you do not use the PCV system, it may cause some idle/running issues.

The hole looks like it will be close enough to where the factory hole is on the passenger side. Might have to rig up some kind of elbow and clamp(s)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It's all good

The PCV in the LT1 is in the drivers side of the intake manifold. The line to the valve cover is just a filtered air supply. These valve covers will not affect PCV, or any other running/idling issues. A lot of folks have made changes to valve covers, myself included, and it all works the same, as long as the crankcase has a filtered air inlet somewhere.

Buy them, install, and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
If you are using a breather...

If you decide to use a breather on your valve covers, be sure to cap off the port on the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Keep in mind that using a breather cap now makes it an open system and won't work correctly for scavenging out the crankcase fumes as designed to do.
Just had a thought. Some here will remember a Draft Tube, aka Road Tube. :surprise: It would cause C.A.R.B. a bigger stroke than a wall. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just had a thought. Some here will remember a Draft Tube, aka Road Tube. :surprise: It would cause C.A.R.B. a bigger stroke than a wall. :grin2:

Those systems did not use a PCV valve though. My first vehicle was a 1954 Chevy truck that still used a road draft tube.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts