Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys have any of you used Chassis Techs drop spindles? do they move the tire out like the bell techs do? I am redoing my front end on the wagon and just wanted to know what you thought of them thanks for any help

·
Registered
378 Posts
what do you mean move the tire out?.... i got some bell techs and haven't put them on yet and never heard of them move the tire out?

does this cause a problem tucking the wheels inside the fender? i am laying frame and already ordered some 22's and it will suck if they don't tuck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they move the tire out half an inch toward the fender lip yes you can only run a 8 inch wide wheel to tuck the wheels on bell techs

·
Registered
378 Posts
thats no good... you on air or just dropped? what are the specs of your wheels? (size,offset and such)

can you tuck your wheels with bell techs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
20inch 9.5 wide no they will not tuck with bell techs i only have about 1/4 inch space between the tire and fender and i am on air so it sucks i am putting some tube a arms on and was going to put the drop spindles on but tires hit the fenders i think there +15 for the offset

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am redoing my hole set up i am going with the accuair system tublar a arms hope to see if these drop spindles work or am i screwed lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
what the offset of your wheels?

that makes a big difference too?

i ordered a 22x9 with a low offset...like a 13 or 15

·
Registered
378 Posts
and what size tire do you have? i can lay frame with a 255/30/20 without drop spindles....

you might not even need drops

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think there +15 offset and i am running a 255/35/20 on front 285/30/20 the frame is laying on the a arms now

·
Registered
378 Posts
your frame laying on the lower arms now?

i cut mine a little to make the lower arm travel more....its done alot

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah my frame is laying on the a-arms do you have pictures of where you cut it? any help would be great

·
Registered
378 Posts
ill see if i can find some....might not be a caprice but it'll give you an idea...

its done on s-10s every day....

·
Registered
378 Posts

the circles are where you need to do some trimming....

also, are you using lower cups? they could be to tall....

the bag should be about 3 inches tall when fully compressed....

·
Registered
378 Posts
check out s-10forum.com and streetsource.com

they got alot of info and how-to about bags and air suspension..

im pretty sure you can lay with out arms...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i am using bag cups i think the lower one is too short because the bag is rubbing on the humps in the lca thanks for the picture that sums it up for me i need to get some new bag cups made are you using ones for the s10? i bought mine from street trends but they do not have the bolt that goes in the top shock mount they just float in the spring pocket i dont like them

·
Registered
378 Posts
mine are floating too....in my opinion thats the best way....

i made my cups....yours are not too short...you gotta dehump the arms(cut the humps off) and weld in plates flat where the humps used to be....

go to google and click on images and type in dehumped lower control arms...this shows plenty of arms that have been done...

dehumped arms is a must.... i did it to mine

this is one that hasnt been welded yet and you can see where he cut the humps off....this is done to stop the bag from rubbing on the humps....some people plate the bottom and dont even use a lower cup and bolt the beg straight to the plate

·
Registered
976 Posts
Are you having tubular arms made? If so have some lowers made ans that will solve all your problems. I also just plated my lower arms and have a floating upper cup. Instead of spending 300 on spindles i may step notch my lower arm

1 - 20 of 35 Posts