Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to sound cheap but I'm on a budget, but want the height adjustability of air bags. Don't laugh, but is it possible to "start" my air suspension with just a set of bags, with a set of lines into the trunk with like valve stems & a small tire compressor / tank setup? No valves, just a 100% manual setup until I can afford the real thing, with electric valves, etc? The bags are so cheap but the valves & compressors are so expensive.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, you could do that. You do know you can buy the cheaper manual switches, a lot cheaper than the electric manifolds.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much for manual switches? I didn't see manual switches on AIMIND.COM's site, just electrics.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're like $5-7 at home depot. You know the little brass ones with the lever, theyre ugly, but i've seen quite a few people start their system like that.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that gets me thinkin about bags again. the bags are around $100 each, slmdcss i just love your car!! it makes me want to take and loan out just for bags. i love it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randode:
do not buy from aim!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. AIM SUCKS!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randode:
do not buy from aim!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not? Bad product, bad service?

Do you have another good priced vendor?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaytonaFBody:
Why not? Bad product, bad service?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both. More than a few people have had problems with AIM's valves and dropped spindles, and their service is horrible when it comes to getting problems caused by them corrected.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What equipment are you looking for? I am a wholesaler for firestone bags and air ride technologies equipment e-mail me with what you are looking for!
Tuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts