Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv read the stickys on here and ls1tech but I want to know everything I need to get for a swap I want to keep a/c and keep it daily drivable All on a limited budget

Do I need the gas peddle? Should I use the truck PCM and harness?Should I use a 4l80e tranny or stick with the stock tranny with 79000 on it will it hold up?do I have to notch the frame? Were do I get the motor mounts?what oil pan will I need
If you have anything else I might need to know please tell me

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
A lot of the information you asked is covered in the sticky. There is no way to tell you what every little thing there is to do for this swap. Some things you will have to discover on your own. Each swap will have it's own trials and tribulations. As far as notching the frame for A/C, it depends on the accessory drive you run. Best harness to use IMO is the van harnesses; they allow you to put the PCM back in the stock spot. You want a 2000-2002 pcm/harness. That'll allow you to keep A/C functional as it was factory. Idk what your budget is, but if you're looking for the cheapest way, you may wanna rethink the swap. BTW, mine is my daily driver, with no AC. I'm hooking it up when I switch to my 0411 PCM.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
If you want to use your existing trans then you will need the adapter that both GM and Hughes offers. And in that case, then you will want to use a set of the adjustable plates hat are being sold which will allow you to move the engine backwards and forward for proper fitment. S&P headers are what i went with. The truck harness can be adapted to the vehicle for a true plug and play setup, try contacting "Aknovaman" here on the board. The trucks ac compressor bracket will require a slight cutting but will clear without having to notch the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts