Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone hurry up and buy this so I have an excuse not to buy two Roadies in one day...:D

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1969823944.html

i got a 95 buick roadmaster with 123xxx miles on it. teal in color. leather interior. power everything. lt1. minor dents and scratches. new fuel pump, front brakes sparkplugs. the only thing that is wrong with it is that it needs a distributor. i got it off. all you need to do is put the new one in and put the motor back together and fire it up. weve had the car since it was brand new out of the factory. the reason im selling so cheap is that i dont have the money to fix it and i need a car to go to school with. if you are interseted let me know by calling 1586 552 5280. or [email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Guess the guy doesn't want to sell it that bad, called emailed and no reply, geez, the search continues, I have made the decision to get a Roady or another Caprice, fairly cheap, if it needs work fine, I have a spare trans and who knows how many parts, maybe this one will come through, let me know if you see anything on your side Goldy.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep an eye out for a good deal for you (if I don't end up scoring it first) :D. My sister's husband has a friend with a 94 RMS that sounds like it needs some work (has a miss). He'd like to get it fixed, but I may convince him to sell it cheap depending on what all it needs. He bought for like $500 and it has like 280K supposedly. I told him I'd look at it this weekend and give him my opinion...:)

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Goldy would you be interested in going to look at this thing for me, got an email from the guy and he said his camera is broke and I could come look at it if I wanted, I told him I was a good two hours from him and I didn't want to make the trip to find something that isn't worth it, I will let you know what he says, but just curious if you would be interested or able to check it out, that is if you are close, if not cool I understand.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, I could go look at tomorrow sometime. Just need directions (he's probably not far - I live in Warren also). Just see if you can set up a good time for me to stop by, and I'll swing by and take some pics. Anytime after 10am would be cool with me.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post up the pics if he sends em, I'm curious to see it myself. Maybe if you pass, I'll see what I can get it for :D

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Hey bud I will let you know tomorrow for sure, he doesn't have the title for the car and I told him that I need pics and he needs to have the title in hand before I drag my trailer half way across the state, we will see what he comes up with, supposedly he is supposed to get me some pics somehow.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey bud I will let you know tomorrow for sure, he doesn't have the title for the car and I told him that I need pics and he needs to have the title in hand before I drag my trailer half way across the state, we will see what he comes up with, supposedly he is supposed to get me some pics somehow.
Yeah I don't blame you if he doesn't have a title. If he's the actual owner, you guys could go to the secretary of state together and do the transfer on the spot (I've done that a few times). But it's kind of a pain in the ass though, especially if you're driving that far.

As is I would only pay $200 - $300 with no title (for parts only) .

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah waiting for a response back from him, I got the pics the car looks good from the cell phone pics and I am sure that it isn't perfect, called him seems like a young guy that owns in, engine bay is clean at least from what I can tell, my wife is pissed, cause I said f it and I am going to go his and your way Tuesday morning early to go get it, he said he is going to get an instant duplicate title tomorrow, we will see what happens. Almost sounds like a broke college kid, here are the pics. oh yeah I guess someone tried to steal it as well, but if it has a clean title I don't really give two sh#$s, they broke the column surround on it hence the bandana in the pictures, I bet they are going to look really small on here but we will see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Did a little research and it looks like he forgot to mention that the trans has no reverse, this was from a previous ad he placed, oh well I have a 96 trans in the garage that will go in it if that is the case. http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1897628114.html I will bring up the trans issue when I pick it up. Geez the things I get myself into :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
that sounds like a good deal. Wished I would have beat you to it first.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah I will have to let you know how it pans out. Pics can be deceiving but I said the hell with it, if the trans is bad I have an extra, I have a spare opti to. but really not thinking that is the problem, probably the opti harness, he replaced alot of stuff and got it running ran for a week and died again, I have a list of stuff to check and most of it he replaced. So it maybe just a small thing away from running perfect.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck! Hope you get it for a good price :) Let me know if the deal falls through or you pass for whatever reason. :D

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Sitting in the driveway. I will tell you that I will NEVER go to that part of Warren again, not the greatest neighborhood, the guy selling it was a young guy got the car from is dad which was the original owner, it has 123K on it and I will tell you yeah the clear is peeling on that roof and hood and stuff, but the engine bay is the cleanest that I have ever seen out of michigan car and there is absolutely no rust on it, dings and dents and stuff like that, but I just couldn't believe it, after further investigation it may need a trans but I have one for it out of a 96, I found a previous ad that he posted saying the trans needed work, but I have to put an opti on it, as he said that his autoshop teacher/class troubleshoot it to that. Anyway I will get some more pics, just some stuff that I shot when I got it home. Interior is dirty and someone tried to steal it with a butter knife I guess, so the column surround is f'ed up, but that is easy sh$%, He said the parts are in the trunk, but I didn't see an opti. so I will have to get one, I am going to try a used one first and see if it fires with out the water pump on for a second, then I will go the getting a new one route.
oh it is DGGM as well which is cool

1 - 20 of 24 Posts