Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i've done my reading and i think i can post without sounding like an idiot i have a 1995 and 1994 9C1 and i want to keep them kinda alike ride wise and suspention/engine wise (one is my little brothers) so! let me see if i got this right for cheapest way to drop the car oh...to at LEAST SS height and maybe a little more and also make it ride nice

-Cut 1 coil off the front springs
-ZQ8 bumpstops (don't i feel dumb i just sold my wrecked ZQ8 S10)
-new shocks(front and rear)
-replace rear springs with 2" drop springs

please help me suspention veterans! thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok....I am not Vet. but I ordered 2 inches lowering springs. Its for all of 4. I suggest you to order springs tech its good deal. For shock I love Bilstein shocks. They are good shyt! Thats all I can tell you, but other will ring in... Good luck! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out my post on my ultimate front end.
I got all the parts from Rock Auto (except for the front spring isolators).
My point here is that, if you want to upgrade your suspension, make sure all the boring crap (like balljoints, tie rods, etc) are in good shape.
If you are going to monkey around with the springs, then you might as well take car of the other stuff if questionable. Remember, you'll need an alignment and it makes sense to get everything done at once.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Body bushings firm up the car a lot...
f-body swaybar is another great mod that you will love and is not that expensive. i got mine for 50 bucks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just droped a fair ammount of chingaling into my suspension. It is very important that you get good V rated speed tires to handle all the stiffer suspension stuff. I got Goodyear Firehawk PV41 Police Pursuits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SlumpinImpala:
What all did you have to do with your F-Body swaybar installation as far as additional hardware goes? Did you install new f-body endlinks too? I was wanting to do this mod sometime soon and wondering what all had to be done beside finding a bar.
Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.