Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I'm the proud owner of three 96 Impalas :eek: in all available colors :D Now I can say I have the best of "three" worlds

Thought you guys would enjoy it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks great!!! I have had a full set including the 94 ss Jon Moss edition for years now!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. I've got them all, too. And the "John's Toybox" 502.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by STRTWYZ:
C'mon Frank, where's your Bubbles?!

Damn E-Dogg, I gotta get me one of those :eek:

Nice. I've got them all, too. And the "John's Toybox" 502
Is that 502 black w/ chrome rims? If so, it escaped my hands :( - would have bought it w/ the DCM but somebody beat me to it

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did you get the stock looking ones?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice set of cars!

C'mon Frank, where's your Bubbles?!

For some strange reason I really like that! Cool shot too.

I prefer lowered cars in real life but that lifted bubble looks kinda cool as a toy. Maybe it's all that shiny red paint!
Is that the RC one? Jada have been making some cool stuff. Their lowered bubbles are pretty sweet too.

I have the 94 Jon Moss concept Impala SS from Autoart too. Apart from the wheels it's pretty similar to those from UT posted above. Detail seems a little better and the rear doors etc open too. But it has 95-96 style mirrors and the newer sheet metal on the rear windows instead of the plastic quarter inserts. Is not really accurate but looks better than the 94 style IMO.

Link (Scroll down):

http://www.autoartmodels.com/pages/1_18/p8.htm

quote:Originally posted by Fire wood will rise again:

quote:Originally posted by brokeaSSwhiteboy:
where did you get the stock looking ones?

+1! Where?
You used to be able to get the stock looking ones by UT Models and the Autoart John Moss 510 concept at the Impala Superstore (Naisso) or at pretty much any store selling diecast cars. But I think they might be long gone. I got the stock UT SS model from a guy with one of those stalls selling diecast cars at the The Block (mall) in Orange CA. That was about 6 or 7 years ago.

Just did a quick google search for you, but according to this UT models is out of business...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UT_Models

You might get lucky and find a store with dead stock if you search around. I've seen them pop up on ebay from time to time, so that's probably the best place to look.

They also made a range of 9c1s. Prices seem pretty high on those last time I saw one. Close to $100

[ 06-03-2007, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: 1994 SS ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got each one at a different time and from different people wanting to get rid of, not stores because as far as I know UT is history.

This is the one I almost bought along w/ the DCM but somebody bought it first :mad:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any idea why the DGGM is always in the middle?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They got the Flowmaster's and Caprice side mirrors too.

The rims def look small.. You have to lift it and install the 30s.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, if you hadn't mentioned it I'd have never notice the mirrors :eek:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 1994 SS:
I prefer lowered cars in real life but that lifted bubble looks kinda cool as a toy. Maybe it's all that shiny red paint!
Is that the RC one?
I'm the same way, I like them low. My buddy was a distributor for Jada - nuff said. :D That one is just a plain-jane 1/24 scale Bubble.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1994 SS:
Is that the RC one?
I'm the same way, I like them low. My buddy was a distributor for Jada - nuff said. :D That one is just a plain-jane 1/24 scale Bubble. </font>[/QUOTE]That's pretty cool. I have the Jada 1/64 lifted bubble. It's been given a little suspension and rim remix ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts