Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell it is a direct replacement for the full-length Blazer console(same size jst with monitor area)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the year is too new for our cars. They would probably have the 'mode' button, which means the incorrect wiring. However, you can always buy the older style console for the compass/thermostat unit and buttons, and swap it over to this longer console. Those rear map lights would be just where they are actually useful for rear passengers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Raxstone:
I believe the year is too new for our cars. They would probably have the 'mode' button, which means the incorrect wiring. However, you can always buy the older style console for the compass/thermostat unit and buttons, and swap it over to this longer console. Those rear map lights would be just where they are actually useful for rear passengers.
It looks to me like the base is the "new" part. You supply your own electronics, so if you have the correct display you should be good to go. It looks like it's probably 8"-10" longer in the middle that the factory console. I would be concerned about the length in anything other than a wagon. The standard length Blazer console put the CD holder area in about the right spot for a monitor in my old wagon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Im not seeing too great a difference in length between it and a regular one, they where made for the 95-to current blazer/jimmy/bravada (2 and 4 door).

The second pic is of a Blazer console in a forum members Caprice, if you look, the Audiovox replacement cuts in at the back of little pocket in front of the middle dome light..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope im headed to 11th st in la tomorrow morning to see if i can get a line on one there has anybody else found one yet ? you need to subscride to that s-series forum to ask anyone a question pm or email. hopefully tomorrow ill get a leed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by pimpallya59:
nope im headed to 11th st in la tomorrow morning to see if i can get a line on one there has anybody else found one yet ? you need to subscride to that s-series forum to ask anyone a question pm or email. hopefully tomorrow ill get a leed.
This is what pm'd me - The guy I got it from is now out of them...(after the how-to's he sold out of the remaining ones he had) They're not made anymore so I don't know who to get them from anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.