1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you like that one, try and make it work I say.

But, you need to remember that the SS grill is made to accept a "bowtie insert" like the red bowtie that alot of us choose to use from the Cavalier. That solid Gold one you post could poSSibly be a good choice (and may look cool), but you will need to do some work on the grill and or that bowtie to make it look right.

I would pull the trigger on that one and get to work (if it dont turn out to your satisfaction you can use that bowtie on something else I am sure). After all we are all bowtie men here and can never have too many around the house I say.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Like CRSSDCM said, the oem grill is set up for just the "surround" of the bowtie, and not the middle/center/interior portion of it. You would have to either trim the stock grill or the linked bowtie. The aftermarket grills are a little different, I don't recall exactly how, but I know the bowtie mounting area isn't quite right. That may be a better option to get to work with this bowtie. The red monte carlo or blue cavalier bowties will work with our grills, though they are just a little different than the oem "chrome" one. I would just get one of the above bowties and paint it gold, if that is the look you are after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts