Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The goal for my 9C1 is to end up lowered, maybe about stock SS height, but be more stiffly sprung than a stock SS. I have determined that cutting my 9C1 springs on the front will leave me with the desired stiffness and height, but the rear poses more of a challenge. You can't just cut them, or it's highly discouraged. So I am curious what's out there for aftermarket support that has a stiffer spring rate than my stock 9C1 rear springs. I don't think SS springs will be stiff enough, though with a beefier sway bar, I could probably counteract that softness.

Among brands to consider:
ST
H&R
Sprint
Eibach

There may be others, but I am interested in the available heights and spring rates. Does anybody at least know what my 9C1 rear springs are for spring rate? That way I can call around and ask for spring rate information. I figure I should first determine the new rate of the front, then find a new rear spring rate that is proportionally greater.

Thanks for the help (and sorry if this has been covered before - I'll make use of the search function also)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Kev,
I have the stock 9C1 front springs cut by 3/4 coil and SS springs in the rear. If you can wait until 4/27 at NED, if you're planning on coming, you can check the height and take it out for a spin.

I can't tell you about aftermarket springs. Didn't need to go there.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that would be most helpful...not sure what I am doing on April 27th. That is the last weekend before finals but I'll see what I can do...also, I may also be forced with deciding between NED and Dyno Day with UNYISSO. I am tempted to go to NED instead, however. I won't know what to do with myself with another 93 9C1 around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts