Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to buy a new TV for my place. I'm looking at the sub 40" catagory due to the price and the size of my living room.

Nothing too special. I plan on moving this to the bedroom once I get situated in my new place. I'm only looking to spend about $500 for a nice TV. (possible???)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?afsrc=1&EdpNo=5472190&Sku=V25-3727&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=M241PF1pr2o-CvYX2iOw6FvdpPzMTBWyig

I'm also wanting to buy a laptop for myself. Again, nothing special as I will only write papers and surf the interweb on it. wifi modem, +2 gb, 15"+ screen, dvd/cd writable. $500?

Cheaper the better!!!!!

TIA

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Homie, what's the question? You want to know if that particular tube is a good buy? Or you'd like to know if any available fit your criteria?

-Mike

·
Registered
412 Posts
There are a lot of factors that can go into buying a TV. I used to sell them for Best Buy and SEARS form 2001-2004, and then I was on the Geek Squad for several years. In the time I installed them, I grew to really enjoy plasmas. With ISF calibrations, my job was not to be a salesman... it was to make your TV look as best as it can. At the end of the day... it's all about personal preference. Which one looks best to you? I can tell you the Pioneer Elite is one of the best, commercially affordable TV's on the market until I'm blue in the face. But, if it doesn't look good to you, then what's the point? If you like the $500 Vizio, then go for it.

If you'd like to be discerning at all, some important factors to remember:

1) Natural lighting in the room
2) Distance from viewing area to TV
3) Are you connecting a hi-definition source to the TV? (Cable/sat box... Gaming systems... Blu-ray... DVD)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts