Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of ss rims that need some work. The clear is peeling.......... Has anyone seen anything that has been chrome powdercoated in person? I hear alot about it but can't seem to find any good pics. I'm really not into polishing them or chroming them, I'm just looking for a cheaper and faster way to make them look decent while the winter rims are on the car.

Thanks, Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I say go for it. Chrome powder coating looks almost like chrome plating, doesn't have the same luster but pretty damn similar and much more durable. I know because a friend runs a powder coating shop and showed me some samples to try to convince me to get my stockers powder coated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure I have nothing to lose. If they look terrible I'll sand blast them and go black, and them throw some slicks on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw a sample of 'black chrome' powdercoat yesterday at SMA hummer. It looked dead on like a tinted chrome. I say go for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds interesting. Does any one have any pics or samples of chrome powedercoating?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've only managed to find a picture of a exhaust tip chromed. It looked good but the picture was taken from 6 feet away. I can't seem to find the pic either. I'm headed to my local coater now to see what he has to offer. Let you know later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just back from the coaters and he says he's yet to see anything that really looks as good, or even near as good as chrome. Claims he'll be a rich man if they come out with anything that good....claims its at least a year or two away. He may not be the best at his game, but he's always done well by me so I think I'll try something else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I emailed Permastar to check on specifics. Not sure if they do small jobs or Corporate only. Told them I would let them test it on my rims and I could post it here for everyone to see. Of course by testing I meant do mine cheap and let everyone else pay regular prices, but someone has to go first. ;) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.