Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a picture of how it attaches? The chrome pieces have to tabs with holes for bolts to go through but there are no holes on the hood for it to bolt too.... I'm lost lol

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
My suggestion is to use the same style screw that attaches the trim around the running light. If you have to drill a hole, use a stop on the bit so that you do not go through, and put a mark on the hood from the inside.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seem too long for the hood. Does part of them go behond the grill?

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I am not sure how they go on. It has been a a year or so since I got them, and I did not pay much attention to how they fit. The little curved part may go to the inside, and slightly behind the grille. I think they came off of a 96. I have the FSM for a 93, but it does not show detail in the drawing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The curved part is really throwing me off because it curves outword, away from the car.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I will try to figure it out. Give me a chance to look around.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
There should be holes in the hood. They attach with short, Phillipps head screws. I believe the chrome comes to the outside of the hood, and the rubber gaskets point down, toward the headlights. If your hood does not have the screw holes, it's most likely a replacement. Drill the holes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks. And yeah no holes on my hood which is odd. The car was in an accident before I got it maybe it is a replacement and that's why it didn't have the chrome strips on it....cwm3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts