Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get the chrome trim pieces that run from front to rear along the fenders and under the window. They commonly peel on the fleetwoods

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
They are made of unobtanium. so you can not get them. Maybe you can get a custom shop to make a set in stainless or aluminum, but it will be expensive. If you can sand the peeling chrome off, you may be able to have a body wrap shop cover them. Another option is to sand the peeling chrome off, and paint them with chrome paint. I really do not have the answer, but those are just some suggestions.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If the base part is plastic then I'd suggest you have it chromed. There is a pretty durable process and it's not too pricey to put a coat of real silver on the plastic and then they clear coat it to preserve it. Looks like chrome and I've used it for faucet prototypes and it looks damn good. Chrome paint is S**t compared to this. Long term durability on a daily driver...I don't know. Don there is a good guy and professional...

you can email [email protected]

See his website www.coatofchrome.com - want to chrome your girlfriends' bra...he can do it.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
The plastic has a habit of splitting in half. Plating it would be expensive and almost pointless. Replacement plastic pieces(they show up occasionally) are around $400. The aluminum pieces in the link is only around $400, too.

There was someone on here that sore by wrapping them in aluminum foil every couple years, though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts