Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

CIA Cat-back system

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  4DoorSS 
#1 · (Edited)
CIA Cat-back system - Group Purchase?

I'm going to be upgrading my exhaust shortly with a new to me set of Tri-y's and Cats and most likely going to replace the current cat-back with a system from Dan. Dan offers a lot of options with his kits and the track record of fitment and performance of his kit is really good.

So I thought before following up with Dan, I would like to see if there are others considering a kit from him. While I'm sure he does not make as many kits as he may have 10 or 15 years ago, maybe a certain number of kits could give us a nice discount.

Let me know if you are interested and have some sort of idea of what kit you may want. I'll let him know we have "X" amount of members interested and see if he would be willing to offer us a discount based on how much interest there is.

I'm going with a CIA kit and not considering any other system at this point cause this is what I really want and have lived with my FMaster kit for many years. If there is other interest out here, maybe we could save a few bucks while getting a great system from Dan.

Here is a link to his Cat-back systems on his website.

High Performance Exhaust Systems - Impala SS Cat-back Exhaust Systems

See less See more
#3 ·
That's about the same system I want to go with.

Not sure we can expect much of a discount without more members and maybe we'll see some more interest over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking to follow up with Dan sometime in September.

#6 ·
My aluminized 2 1/2" Hooker Aero catback lasted 14 years, granted only maybe 80,XXX miles. But it took that long for the muff outlets to rust, and then the tube seamwelds heat eroded open at several places on the top along both sides after the H-pipe. I'd go with a quality aluminized again. The Hookers struck me as heavy gauge, and mandrel bent of course.

#11 ·
Welp coming home last Saturday Morning from a week in North Carolina and hit the road early. We were about 15 min. into a 9+ hour drive when around 5:30 a.m. I could not avoid what appeared to be a block of 6x6 or 8x8 piece of lumber. The reaction time and the traffic did not allow me enough time to avoid it and with a loud "Thud" hit the fricking thing. Had the little guy in the car with us so bit my tongue but thought "FU(KKKK!!! that didn't sound/feel good".

The car instantly got louder, but I was more concerned with the Oil and tans pan and just kept going and watching my Oil Pressure. All looked good so we just kept rolling along, got home and that to me was all that mattered at that point.

Turns out, it hit the exhaust pretty hard and mangled up the head pipe right before it hits the H-Pipe on this setup. I managed to take things apart, round out the pipes with a Cheapo Tubing expander from HF I hadn't used for Years and used a new band clamp but it still leaks a little and I need to once and for all replace this system. Oh well, the kit owes me nothing at this point with many years of great service. Needless to say, I will be reaching out to Dan soon and will share all the other kits you guys are interested in and see if I can get back to you with some good info. stay tuned....

#12 ·
Spoke to Dan earlier this week and there are just too many options to really do a Group Purchase as we've done with other parts/upgrades. However, just give Dan a call when you're ready and mention the Forum and see if he'll give you a discount.

I've pretty much decided on the kit I'll get. I'm going with the 2.5" system with polished stainless tails and the sportsman XL mufflers as recommended by Dan. I also need new Cats so upgrading the entire system to Stainless is just not in the budget. But if money was no object, then stainless would be the route I would go.

I found this old thread that gives you a good idea of the system Dan offers and will be installing myself too.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulle...r-image-exhaust-install-mvp-automotive-2.html

His systems have long been known to be 1 of the best kits out there in a ready to install kit for our cars. This will be a nice little project as I'll be upgrading to his Tri-y headers at the same time....can't wait. Will post up a new thread for this install when the time comes to finally upgrade my exhaust.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.