Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, so I talked to Dan, at CIA. If I can get 10 people together who would like to own the greatest 4L60E tubular crossmember available - - he will give us THE best price.

Pony up people -- u guys are always looking for a good deal. . . this is it:

$225 is the price - for what is possibly the best tranny crossmember you can own.

For those that might have questions, here are the answers:

How much is the shipping cost to ZIP code 12345?
Shipping is FREE-- it's included in the price!

What if I want my crossmember powder-coated a particular color. . . is that extra?
Powder-coating is FREE-- it's included in the price!

How does this crossmember stack up to others than that I've heard about or may have seen on the Internet?
This crossmember is fabricated in-house, using the finest materials and top-notch craftsmanship, by our friends at Clear Image Automotive. It is designed and built wih the same exacting standards of the famous Tri-Y Headers, that we all know and lust for. It is also the only crossmember I know of that utilizes 2 bolts where attached to the transmission mount, providing additional security for your beloved SS.

Am I going to have to buy a new transmission mount and mounting hardware?
A new polyurethane transmission mount (Energy Suspension style, available in black or red) and all necessary mounting hardware are FREE -- they are included in the price!

So let me get this straight. For about the price of a regular uncoated, spray painted, inferior transmission crossmember:

I get possibly the greatest transmission crossmember available for my 4L60E?
It comes powder-coated to the color of my choice?
I get all the necessary mounting hardware, new?
I get a new transmission mount?
To top it off, my order ships for free?

All answers = yes, IF you're 1 of the first 9 people to come up with the $225 necessary for this GP.
Let me know who's in fellas. Let's make this happen.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. Thanks a lot.

BeEaSSt aka Larry Johnson
805-607-0469
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Great post...fun read. I hope others take advantage of this GP.

I was fortunate and bought 1 of his from another member years ago. I seen others, but as you mentioned it is Powder Coated and I liked the fact that it has 2 bolt holes by the tail shaft to help secure the tranny. The Trans mount has 3holes in the bottom, so you can use it stock with the center hole or 2 holes on the outside edges for using 2 bolts with his crossmember.

You also drop a few pounds going tubular over the stock stamped steel piece. If you ever had to remove the stocker, it can be a pita. This new piece offers plenty of room to install/remove and fits perfectly. I just used a few tie wraps on the tubular unit to mount the tranny vent hose in pretty much the stock location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts