Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I got a burn hole in the drivers seat of my roadmaster sedan. It is red leather and the hole is very small at most a quarter of an inch in size. Of all the products out there for repairing leather is there one that would be best for something like this?.If it would help I can post a pic.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Best you'll find is a "band-aid"... The only real repair option is to replace the panel.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ask some car lots/dealers who they use for interior repairs. They might be able to help.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
If not very big,one can try putting some type of glue sealant inside the hole. Then cover with a piece of "painter's tape",gently massage flush,and let dry. Gently peal off the tape later,and you should have a decent surface to apply some paint/dye to..

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
you can try one of those repair kits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doe32ZedhfI

or go to a upholstery shop and have them do it with a similar method or sew in a new panel.

I had a new seat back shoulder leather piece put in by a shop for $200. Dropped off the seat and picked it up later that day. They also put new seat bottom foam in both front seats for that $ so fixing the hole itself is likely around a $100 at a shop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts